Tone down the scale of Props!

It does seem that this year propos have consumed the field. A lot of real estate is being taken out of play for a little effect. And all those people that think they are adding another dimension to the field, you’re not

props are another easy button

It does seem that this year propos have consumed the field. A lot of real estate is being taken out of play for a little effect. And all those people that think they are adding another dimension to the field, you’re not

clearly you have never worked with props and how hard it is to work them in most time

• Like 1

Watch Bluecoats.

That's wonderful you feel that way. Care to list the successful shows you've designed in the last few years, whether DCI, WGI or marching band? "Little effect?" Seen the Blue Devils this year and their moving stage parts?

Edited by JohnZ
inappropriate comment removed
  • Like 1

SCV's backfield props add very little to this years production (thus far)... last year they were used very effectively - this year it's almost like they felt they had to have them because they did last year so they just sit back there...

SCV's backfield props add very little to this years production (thus far)... last year they were used very effectively - this year it's almost like they felt they had to have them because they did last year so they just sit back there...

Thus far is the key word here. They are finishing the show today. They may be used in the closer or they may be used later in the season. But i expect them to be used.

I'm just not a big fan of props. I guess they have their place but I can't see a corps winning or losing because of props. Is everything in drum corps moving into a theatrical performance instead of a musical marching show? Maybe I'm stuck in the past and unwilling to evolve...I guess I'm a dying breed of dinosaur.

I'm just not a big fan of props. I guess they have their place but I can't see a corps winning or losing because of props. Is everything in drum corps moving into a theatrical performance instead of a musical marching show? Maybe I'm stuck in the past and unwilling to evolve...I guess I'm a dying breed of dinosaur.

Correct on all counts.

• Like 1

clearly you have never worked with props and how hard it is to work them in most time

Watch Bluecoats.

That's wonderful you feel that way. Care to list the successful shows you've designed in the last few years, whether DCI, WGI or marching band? "Little effect?" Seen the Blue Devils this year and their moving stage parts?

clearly, you both know better than I so I'm not entitled to my opinon

Very few props have ever proved their worth IMO, I have a thing about unused propos park on the field and as for the easy button, that is with regards to pounding home the theme

Props are becoming ubiquitous, another check box necessary for corps to compete so of course, we are getting worse props

clearly, you both know better than I so I'm not entitled to my opinon

Very few props have ever proved their worth IMO, I have a thing about unused propos park on the field and as for the easy button, that is with regards to pounding home the theme

Props are becoming ubiquitous, another check box necessary for corps to compete so of course, we are getting worse props

no such thing as easy button. sure you are entitled to an opinion just show how props are an easy button. I have written shows with no props and shows with over 40 large props directly on the field...Much harder with props. the easy button is no props. Dont have to work around anything

Edited by GUARDLING