Best shows of the year so far.

152 members have voted

1. 1. vote

Bloo's show was great the first time I saw it. By finals I want to see how they turn up. It's no surprise they are leading this pool. I'm surprised SCV doesn't have more votes though. That show was amazing. Terrific use of props and musically blew me away. I loved the trombones standing in the pillows

1. From the standpoint of the initial impact a show had on me, it's BLOOOO hands down.

2. I love the possibilities with Crown.

3. Boston Crusaders have lots of potential, and I kind of like the in your face nature of it.

4. SCV seems classic, and I really like it.

Can only speak about they corps I saw at the Cinecast since I am having internet issues. Comcast is supposed to be taking care of the problem this week, but right now SCV, BD, Crossmen, and BK come though with interruptions so I can't really judge them. However, in nearly forty years of following drum corps, I don't think I've ever seen a corps as ready or as confident as Bluecoats were last Saturday. True, camera angles and the volume at a theater can give a corps an advantage, but I was more than impressed and I say that keeping in mind that Cavies, Crown, and Cadets were all ready for competition.

At the time I am writing this, BAC has a respectable number of votes and is ahead of Cavies, Madison, and Phantom, which I find heartening. BAC's show is ambitious and I know in the end it will be memorable.

So far, my favorite shows are The Cavaliers, Blue Devils, The Cadets and Bluecoats. I can't get enough of any of these shows.

• Like 1

I'm completely obsessed with Crown this year.

Crown has another "Crown" show. It works, it's a show, and it gives us that perfect balance on the edge between fast and crazy fast. I always complain when they start speeding things up in late July. But that's just me. They are in my top 4!

Bloo's show was great the first time I saw it. By finals I want to see how they turn up. It's no surprise they are leading this pool. I'm surprised SCV doesn't have more votes though. That show was amazing. Terrific use of props and musically blew me away. I loved the trombones standing in the pillows

Huh. Trombones on pillows did nothing for me. Seemed frivolous and unnecessary.

My top 3 as of right now.

1) Cadets - Its Copland and Cadets, I could do will less narration.. But I mean the end I swear is a tear off of the end of 87 show, and I was LOSING It in the theater when I watched it happen. I am going to San Antonio, and I CANNOT wait to see this show live.

2) Crown - They sound amazing, and I love what they doing this year, plus that closer SO MANY NOTES.

3) Bloo - The live sampling Pitch bending at the end of the show is so awesome, and also.. I mean that ballad is beautiful.