Oregon Crusaders 2014 - Better late than never

OC's Erie step-off is in about 15 minutes. OC breaks breaks 80 tonight or at least 79.

OC drumline beat Troop in Erie! Way to go guys!!! I'm sure some eyebrows are being raised over that one. Brass scores seem a little off tonight but all in all, great job!

Edited by luv4corps

With much anticipation, finally got to OC last night in Erie. I became a big fan three years ago after seeing perform in N. PA. Having seen them on FN in San Antonio and Atlanta I was a prepared for a so so marching show. What I saw last night was far better than I expected. I figure they must have a great deal of time on the drill this week and it showed. Drums were great, I'm horns will improved now that they are showing more confidence in the drill. The only thing I see holding back is the guard. It's not that they performed badly, quite the opposite. The guard is not a World class design in IMHO, I think the design. Is a good Open Class design but it won't help them much in World Class. The scores seem to reflect this too. If they were scoring 1to 2 points higher look who they would be competing with. Having said that, I feel this corps is right on track for bigger and better things in DCI. Growing and improving at the right pace. Congrats to them for not suffering the sophomore curse, I look forward to seeing them in Indy and hoping they surprise me there. FYI I was setting near family from PA who had a member marching.

In 2007, wasn't that when most of the staff left OC? Didn't the BOD all but change? Someone else mentioned there were only 10 returning members? That, with all due respect, is basically a new corps. It was a rebirth so to speak.

Just rewatching this on the fan network; man whoever picks OC's music did one heck of a job the last 3 years! Not saying that before that they weren't good, I just don't recall what they played.

• Like 1

The member is from Dartmouth. Evidently another is coming to fill a Euph hole

Woohoo! Was hoping it was the alma mater :)

Those kids have marching technique drilled into them from day one so that Euph player will be a great addition. But I have to say, there's only about a week left in the season... are they expecting that he'll be able to learn everything that quickly??

Edited by Musicman1084