PPL Patibulation - Chester, PA -- 6 July 2014

I think everyone here agrees Cadets can take it all, but realistically, there are three other powerhouses in the mix as well. I think it makes for a much better season this way. This years talent across the board is truly incredible.

I think everyone here agrees Cadets can take it all, but realistically, there are three other powerhouses in the mix as well. I think it makes for a much better season this way. This years talent across the board is truly incredible.

That's not the point. We all understand they're all powerhouses. They're people standing behind bluecoats and crown, but the moment someone does that for Cadets, they get called out for it. My point is, if you think Cadets can take it, stand behind it and don't apologize for it.

Consider that with each passing generation, there seems to be a receding level of historical knowledge and perspective among Americans (generality of course); so the Presidential quotes are not necessarily re-treads for a bunch of younger viewers especially. That said, the Cadets are not doing a version of Cirque du Soleil on the field, so they have that to overcome at least :-)

You mean this year they are not - regardinf history - there have been rotating doors, rabbits that looked like a goats, boxes moving around the field to...move around the field, pink tables, street lamps - but you are correct - THis year they are not doing a version of Cirque. They have toned down the demand a bit and performers'individual responsibility. Not as athletic but really clean. Nothing wrong with clean just clean. If a group is that clean with the Cirque shows catching up - and cleaning up as well.......It's anyone's game. Exciting times!

Oh, I'd say George is pretty knowledgeable on the subject of good design. He's also got a teensy bit of history with this here site as well.

ah he's a hack.

:tounge2:

You mean this year they are not - regardinf history - there have been rotating doors, rabbits that looked like a goats, boxes moving around the field to...move around the field, pink tables, street lamps - but you are correct - THis year they are not doing a version of Cirque. They have toned down the demand a bit and performers'individual responsibility. Not as athletic but really clean. Nothing wrong with clean just clean. If a group is that clean with the Cirque shows catching up - and cleaning up as well.......It's anyone's game. Exciting times!

Yes, I am speaking to this year specifically.....a good balance of individual and ensemble demand that still allows for quality symphonic brass sound (not just LOUD sound with synth artificially spiking decibels and masking intonation flaws). And, the Cadets' show this year does include some extended drill at 192 BPM. Whoever medals this year will have survived the gauntlet of fire.....and that makes for compelling drum corp drama.

• Like 1

Even if you did say Cadets were gonna take it all, SO WHAT?!?!?!?! So many people are on Bluecoats' bandwagon. Why NOT stand behind Cadets?!?! Bluecoats are good, Crown is good, Cadets are good. #### straight I want Cadets to take it all. It's time for Cadets fans to stop walking on eggshells about whether or not Cadets can take the Championship.

ABSOLUTELY agree.

Nothing wrong with some honest to goodness honking :-)

I am new here and didn't know that Mr. Dixon was such an expert on show construction. He must be in great demand by corps that need revamping during the season and very busy. :wow:

He's just mad that the percussion caption isn't generating the spread he hoped for between Crown and Cadets. Read back over the NE threads. George was predicting a big spread when we got to full panels. And it didn't materialize. So now he's mad and he's not gonna take it anymore !!

nevermind. not taking the bait! :silly:

Oh come on. Let loose and live once in a while :ninja:

That's not the point. We all understand they're all powerhouses. They're people standing behind bluecoats and crown, but the moment someone does that for Cadets, they get called out for it. My point is, if you think Cadets can take it, stand behind it and don't apologize for it.

This post is (wait for it...)

LHgPAva.png

• Like 1

He's just mad that the percussion caption isn't generating the spread he hoped for between Crown and Cadets. Read back over the NE threads. George was predicting a big spread when we got to full panels. And it didn't materialize. So now he's mad and he's not gonna take it anymore !!

Oh come on. Let loose and live once in a while :ninja:

nah - I'm enjoying the GE caption spread. :silly: