Mistake in Spotlight if the Week - 1980 North Star

Mistake or not, I am always happy when 27th, North Star, or BAC are the "Spotlight of the Week!" :cool:

BTW... 1975 DCI DVD has the wrong concert for 27th Lancers. Should be 'Celebrate' by Three Dog Knight instead of Kool And The Gang.

OK I own both versions on CD......

And gives me a laugh as Kools version wasn't released for another 5 years....

You'll note that in my DVD Spotlight article on the 1975 27th Lancers from March 25, 2013, I got it right. The DVD series relied on info supplied to DCI over the years. One of the satisfactions I get from the Spotlight articles is the ability to go in deep with the research and correct many of the earlier issues with proper attributions.

To get to that article, enter some of the keywords in the search box of the website for the organization for which I write. Don't post the link here when you find it as it will be removed.

Edited by Michael Boo

You'll note that in my DVD Spotlight article on the 1975 27th Lancers from March 25, 2013, I got it right. The DVD series relied on info supplied to DCI over the years. One of the satisfactions I get from the Spotlight articles is the ability to go in deep with the research and correct many of the earlier issues with proper attributions.

To get to that article, enter some of the keywords in the search box of the website for the organization for which I write. Don't post the link here when you find it as it will be removed.

Well as long as it's correct for historys sake... :tounge2:

s/ guy whose corps was renamed in 1974 but was called by the old name off and on for a few years... :blink:

And that Children of Sanchez movie.... saw it on the late show one night while trying to re-adjust my inner clock to start working 3rd shift. Let's just say 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. And since I already had the album wasn't hearing anything new.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

BTW... 1975 DCI DVD has the wrong concert for 27th Lancers. Should be 'Celebrate' by Three Dog Knight instead of Kool And The Gang.

OK I own both versions on CD......

And gives me a laugh as Kools version wasn't released for another 5 years....

Well, if we are going that route the 74 DVD calls the Belleville Black Knights (of awesome uniform fame) the 'Black Watch', which I believe was a corps out of Washington state.

Well as long as it's correct for historys sake... :tounge2:

s/ guy whose corps was renamed in 1974 but was called by the old name off and on for a few years... :blink:

And that Children of Sanchez movie.... saw it on the late show one night while trying to re-adjust my inner clock to start working 3rd shift. Let's just say 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. And since I already had the album wasn't hearing anything new.

never saw the movie -- but i saw chuck play it live right after the album release !!

Edited by corpsband

I'm heading out for San Antonio tomorrow to blog the show, and I'm hoping I can dig down deep, restart my resolve, and put this horrific mistake and the resulting dark period in DCI history (that I caused) behind me. Though I have been dishonored, I've decided to not to go through with seppuku because I've just shampooed my carpeting. I hope everyone understands and gives me a second chance.

• Like 3

I'm heading out for San Antonio tomorrow to blog the show, and I'm hoping I can dig down deep, restart my resolve, and put this horrific mistake and the resulting dark period in DCI history (that I caused) behind me. Though I have been dishonored, I've decided to not to go through with seppuku because I've just shampooed my carpeting. I hope everyone understands and gives me a second chance.

It's nice to see you posting. You're one of the voices of wisdom, maturity and restraint here.

Michael - what happened to Judge-O-Blimp?

Dang it, Boo, first the cheating at solitaire, and now this!