Corps Making Strongest Push

Watched the Warrensburg show this afternoon on FanNetwork. Seeing improvement in everyone (of course) I tried to determine which corps appears to be making the greatest charge to the top. I was undecided between Vanguard and Cavaliers. Both are beginning to look like contenders for a podium spot. Alas, how can this possibly be? All the room there has been taken, it seems. My sample was not complete, being limited to this one show, but I decided Santa Clara Vanguard is making a bigger upward push toward the top. A magnificent performance in every regard.

Taking in ALL the corps, which corps do you consider 'rising to the challenge' more quickly than others at this point? Who has the 'hot hand' today? Again, I choose Vanguard.

How 'bout you?

• Like 2

Too early to tell. Some corps peak out early around this time SA/ATL. I think surging definitely Crown, SCV, Cavies, Blue Stars, Madison, Blue Knights....

Slumping- Bluecoats, Troopers, Spirit

Staying the same- Phantom, BAC, Crossmen

• Like 1

SCV slightly closed the gap between them and BD from first show so I would hardly call that a surge. Cavies came from behind PR and now is almost 2 points over them so I would say they are moving quicker of the two. After next weekend, maybe we can see a better trajectory for SCV. BK and Colts seem to be surging also.

Edited by theCHEZman

This weekend will make things much clearer. Personally I was shocked by how close SCV/Coats/Cavaliers were bunched together and especially how close they were on the tail of Crown. Didn't see that coming at all.

Cavaliers are making that hard push, they are gonna make very effort they can to kill the competition.

Blue Knights, Carolina Crown, Santa Clara Vanguard, Crossmen, and Colts.

Cavaliers are the ones who seem to have the most bodies to throw out of their way. I don't see them medaling this year, but looking at how they've improved since opening of the season, and with a month to go, 4th isn't out of the question.

Edited by Slingerland

Cavaliers are the ones who seem to have the most bodies to throw out of their way. I don't see them medaling this year, but looking at how they've improved since opening of the season, and with a month to go, 4th isn't out of the question.

By bodies I hope you mean dead bodies right?

Too early to tell. Some corps peak out early around this time SA/ATL. I think surging definitely Crown, SCV, Cavies, Blue Stars, Madison, Blue Knights....

Slumping- Bluecoats, Troopers, Spirit

Staying the same- Phantom, BAC, Crossmen

I would definitely put Colts in the surging group.
  • Like 4

I know this is slightly off of what you asked, but kind of in the same vein. Cascades win my most improved by a long shot. No offense, but last years show was one of the most boring, forgettable, and directionless marching arts productions I have ever seen. This years, while pretty straight forward, is very smartly designed, written perfectly for the performers, and is quite engaging.

As far as who is charging for the top? I am quite surprised by Vanguards latest placing, even though I disagree. Their performance levels are certainly starting to drastically increase.

In the next bracket, Blue Knights are really pushing for a top 7 finish, their most recent score gains are quite impressive.

In the fight for finals, Colts have caught on fire this last week, and were even within a point of the Crossmen las night. Their show is starting to get some clarity and really take off.

Next are the Oregon Crusaders, even as a late season surger they are scoring nearly two weeks ahead of last year and have in my opinion the most mature show that is in the non finalist bracket. I truly think a 15th place finish is possible.

As stated, Cascades are making huge strides this year, and I would be surprised to see them outside the top 25.

• Like 2