Corps Making Strongest Push

I'm not really sure what y'all mean by "surge".

If you mean...a sudden powerful forward or upward movement...I don't think BK should be included. I see them as making steady, sustained increases right up to Finals. If any corps ahead of them reach a plateau, they stand to get passed up by Blue Knights.

• Like 2

I'm not really sure what y'all mean by "surge".

If you mean...a sudden powerful forward or upward movement...I don't think BK should be included. I see them as making steady, sustained increases right up to Finals. If any corps ahead of them reach a plateau, they stand to get passed up by Blue Knights.

BK is in danger of getting beat by... BK? :blink:

• Like 3

Boston Crusaders definitely have the most room to grow. The spread between content and achievement means that at any given point in time they can really start to put the hurt on people.

The crazy thing about the content scores is that the cleaner that group gets, the more the content will be rewarded, as well. If there is a darkhorse to chip away a quite a few spots above them, BAC is that darkhorse. I'm not saying a medal or anything like that, but the groups in their neighborhood should be afraid.

• Like 2

Boston Crusaders definitely have the most room to grow. The spread between content and achievement means that at any given point in time they can really start to put the hurt on people.

The crazy thing about the content scores is that the cleaner that group gets, the more the content will be rewarded, as well. If there is a darkhorse to chip away a quite a few spots above them, BAC is that darkhorse. I'm not saying a medal or anything like that, but the groups in their neighborhood should be afraid.

If this topic would be created two weeks from now, something tells me that they would be on just about everyone's list. We will see, I think starting this week they're going to really start putting the pressure on about 3 corps in front of them. Edited by DrumManTx

As much as I adore PR, I'd love to see BAC make it into the top 7 at PR's expense this year.

Would BAC making it into the top 7 in semis give them GE points come finals?

• Like 5

I agree it's too early to determine a surge. For one thing I think we need to wait until after Broken Arrow this evening to see how Blue Knights fare against Phantom and Round Rock tomorrow where BAC will meet Blue Stars for the first time and how they fare at this point against Madison. I'd also be interested to see how they all fare when they face each other in San Antonio.

Cavies are certainly stronger this year and have made significant progress this year. I expected Madison to be a bit stronger at this point though I expected BAC would place higher in the end.

I expect to see a BAC surge and a Troopers surge which is not uncommon for either corps. Spirit is a possibility too. Crown may gain momentum.

I suppose this all depends from what the OP's time horizon here is on his question. Since the first show ?... since the July 4th weekend ?.. since the last week ? .. since the last show ? Depending upon what yardstick timeline the OP wants to use, the answer would be quite different.

DCP has the data they use, and on this website the biggest advance has been 1) Blue Stars 2) Colts and 3) Jersey Surf and Carolina Crown for 3rd.

Do I think all these 4 will hold as " fast climbers" all the way to the end ? No, I don't. But.. time will tell.

Edited by BRASSO

Crossmen Their performance in Denver removed my initial doubts about their ability to make finals. I think they are definitely in.

Boston No other corps this year has cleaned at this rate. Not there yet, but the pace of the improvements has amazed me.

As much as I adore PR, I'd love to see BAC make it into the top 7 at PR's expense this year.

Would BAC making it into the top 7 in semis give them GE points come finals?

hmmm that is a tough one.

I have a lot of hope for PR but I also really love that Boston show. I think Phantom has one of the most interesting snare books.