Secaucas Predictions...(someone had to do it :)...)

Well, according to John, Reading's crap will be crap whether it's performed well or not and their choice to do challenging drill is stupid an ineffective. It's nice to see that one can remain objective once one's wife...also a Bucs alumni...is on Cabs' staff. Regardless of who you're talking about, that's not objective analysis...it's just insulting. I'm sure Reading is glad to have you among their ranks of alumni...as would any other corps. Why don't you just don the kick pleats and silky blouse...get it over with and call it a day.? I also find it sad that you've become so arrogant that you have to belittle and insult anyone that has an opinion different than yours. Sadly, that seems to be the accepted form of dialogue on this site

if everything is fair then this next week is when a corps will make it's move. many DCA champs started their run right at this time. it's all about what you get off the sheets and correct the problems. i know this was a long time ago but in 1969 the hurcs were losing bad. they made their move on this week and won DCA. in 19 70 the cabs were getting killed. this was the week they made their move and won DCA. everybody needs to calm down and let this play out.

The only people that could possibly have more fun in Rochester than the people directly involved in this horse race are the fans that get the chance to witness it.

Yeah, I think it is going to be an incredibly fun finals to watch and that only benefits the corps, the fans and DCA as a whole.

Good luck everyone and bring your best. That is definitely what it is going to take to be successful this year!

Dan

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I wasn't commenting on fairness or who is going to make their move when, or anything else related to the competition. I was merely commenting on the general lack of respect shown to anyone that has an opinion that does not align with the outspoken few...one in particular. It's why I choose to just read and keep my opinions to myself most of the time. I don't enjoy being insulted or raked over the coals for having my own thoughts or opinions.

I wasn't commenting on fairness or who is going to make their move when, or anything else related to the competition. I was merely commenting on the general lack of respect shown to anyone that has an opinion that does not align with the outspoken few...one in particular. It's why I choose to just read and keep my opinions to myself most of the time. I don't enjoy being insulted or raked over the coals for having my own thoughts or opinions.

Man... I needed to trot out the reading glasses to see this post!!! :tongue:

• Like 1

if everything is fair then this next week is when a corps will make it's move. many DCA champs started their run right at this time. it's all about what you get off the sheets and correct the problems. i know this was a long time ago but in 1969 the hurcs were losing bad. they made their move on this week and won DCA. in 19 70 the cabs were getting killed. this was the week they made their move and won DCA. everybody needs to calm down and let this play out.

Good point, Don.

Going back many years, it seems that the last week of July is when things really start to take shape for the all-age corps, for whatever reasons. Seen all sorts of late surges over the years.

Edited by Fran Haring

bsw1986, None of us here know what we're talking about. If we did we would be teaching or judging.

Well, according to John, Reading's crap will be crap whether it's performed well or not and their choice to do challenging drill is stupid an ineffective. It's nice to see that one can remain objective once one's wife...also a Bucs alumni...is on Cabs' staff. Regardless of who you're talking about, that's not objective analysis...it's just insulting. I'm sure Reading is glad to have you among their ranks of alumni...as would any other corps. Why don't you just don the kick pleats and silky blouse...get it over with and call it a day.? I also find it sad that you've become so arrogant that you have to belittle and insult anyone that has an opinion different than yours. Sadly, that seems to be the accepted form of dialogue on this site

I'm sure John is a big boy and doesn't need someone to defend him... but I challenge you to find a quote where he says that Readings crap is crap no matter what?!?! He was merely responding to the people who think that just because something is performed at a higher tempo or movement for the sake of movement is not enough if its not achieved.

On to another topic.. Last year at this time the Grand Prix thread had 4 pages. This years Grand Prix thread has 27! and is followed by a Secaucas thread that has almost 20 pages. How is this not good for the activity? There is actually some excitement and discussion on a gasp... discussion board.

• Like 1

No only 3 have a realistic shot at gold. Maybe in fantasy land 6 could.

There's no way Fusion will over take Bucs and then Cabs. It's just not going to happen. No one can take away their progress over the years but let's keep it realistic.

C2? No. They were 6 or 7 points back. No matter how many Cadets people they force to fill holes can make them overcome the top 3. There just isn't enough time in those 2 weeks.

CV? Love them but no that won't happen either.

I'll take fantasy land then...just sayin'.

Weather realistic or not, I choose to believe that everyone has a shot. If not, why dedicate yourself, why keep pushing, why strive for better and better performances. Yeah, maybe you're right, but I am certainly not going to try to burst ANYBODY'S bubble by publicly ruling them out. Maybe that's just because I am one of the hundreds dwelling in your "fantasy land".

I completely respect your opinion and your right to share it...but I also completely reject your conclusions.

Just me...maybe ignorance is bliss. If so, I am one blissful drum major! Have a great last month folks. Can't wait to see what everyone does with the time they have left!

Dan

• Like 1

Your first paragraph illustrates why you can't put too much stock in the results of a single show. Since I wasn't there on Saturday, I can't comment on if I felt those were accurate numbers or if they were an aberration. As for your edit comment, harder doesn't necessarily mean better, even when achieved. Only better means better. Crap that's hard and performed well is still crap. We've seen both from many corps over the years.

To the poster that requested I find where John said Reading's crap will be crap no matter how well it's performed...and don't fool yourself into thinking he's not talking about Reading here.

• Like 1

John,

I'll start this off with a couple of caveats. 1)I'm a fan and respect your reviews and on the scene reporting and use them to stay in touch. More so this year than in previous years since I have not had the chance to see both of these corps live and really can't comment on anything on the field. The best I could do was the lot at WW since it was my wedding anniversary, and that's all I can get away with.

I do take issue with the comment that because you weren't at the show you can't state whether you think the numbers were in fact accurate. You and I (for that matter) with our judging backgrounds can have an opinion from the stands, but we aren't the ones who are being tasked with throwing those numbers. We can disagree on what those folks did, but like it or not they are accurate (and the only ones that matter) because they go in the record books as such. And ultimately those numbers will be the ones that will determine who gets a trophy. Everything else will get us through a couple of beers and bar talk. Again, with all due respect, and not the Ricky Bobby kind.

For those that got a little crazy with the percussion numbers last week, this weeks were still "in that ballpark" with a 9.0 in composition. They were only .4 below last weeks high water mark, and could be further indication that RB's percussion could really be that good and had a great show last week. Cabs were closer this week but they were .6 tenths behind still. This could shake out that the trophy will hinge on Cabs guard vs. RB's percussion since they are both .06 ahead of each other and are the widest spreads. The fact that Hurricanes are leading the guard caption could lower how big Cabs guard can push the spread unless they beat them and set the number. As it's shaking out now, prelims may be the only challenge in percussion for RB and that should be MBI. If Reading beats MBI, that could push Cabs down to 4th behind MBI and possibly C2 who does have some strength in percussion. With all other captions starting to close up these captions will make for an interesting rest of the season, but I look at these two as possibly the deciders. Cabs spread may have gotten bigger this week, but there is some daylight there for RB.

Agree with them or disagree with them, and maybe it wouldn't be what you or I would do, but all the numbers from before and going forward are accurate because they're the only ones that count. It sure makes for great debate.