When your hopes and dreams fizzle out

It's in black and white for all to read... even you.

Rewrite as you may try. You can't change what I said.

I posted the quotes for you to read here at the top of page 7. You apparently didn't look back, so I helped you out.

Frustrating. Isn't it?

You " arbitrarily selected " the year 1972,( DCI's inception year ) as opposed to my " arbitrarily selected " year of 1976 ( BD's first DCI Title year). You didn't like my year. You then wanted SCV included in the moniker.. as a 4th Corps instead of my 3 Corps ). You said my " over 80% " would jump to over 90% if we included SCV and the year 1972 ( big deal.. so what ? ). I never got frustated nor angry with your quest to add a 4th Corps SCV to get the extra 10%. You never told us what YOUR moniker was until now, nor took no position on whether or not your 4 corps would replicate your " over 90% " winning record over the next 35 years as I did. I( and another poster here) also had to correct you on your misinformation that the Cavs only had one decade's worth of championships, as they have more championships than SCV has had. There was no need for either of us to go THERE, had you not brought into this thread that clearly erroneous misinformation from your " arbitrarily selected " timeframe. Your angriness and frustration in SCV not being included in my Cadevaliers moniker ... and future placement predictions... is so noted. Had SCV won more than 1 DCI Title since 1990, then I might have been inclined to use them in my 3 Corps trifecta called " The Cadevaliers " and my future predictions that "they'll win approx. 95% of the DCI Titles over the next 35 years". But this is MY moniker, my 3 Corps ( not 4 ), my timeline, and my future predictions for the next 35 years. If thats something that frustrates YOU, then thats of course something you'll have to deal with, as thats not my call. I'm not frustrated on anything you've said here on this thread.. including your personal quest to have your own 4 corps moniker, timeline, etc. established.

Edited by BRASSO

You " arbitrarily selected " the year 1972,( DCI's inception year ) as opposed to my " arbitrarily selected " year of 1976 ( BD's first DCI Title year). You didn't like my year. You then wanted SCV included in the moniker.. as a 4th Corps instead of my 3 Corps ). You said my " over 80% " would jump to over 90% if we included SCV ( big deal.. so what ? ). I never got frustated nor angry with your quest to add a 4th Corps SCV to get the extra 10%. You never told us what YOUR moniker was until now, nor took no position on whether or not your 4 corps woould replicate your " over 90% " winning record over the next 35 years as I did. I( and another poster here) also had to correct you on your misinformation that the Cavs only had one decade's worth of championships, as they have more championships than SCV has had. There was no need for either of us to go THERE, had you not brought into this thread that clearly erroneous misinformation from your " arbitrarily selected " timeframe. Your angriness and frustastion in SCV not being included in my Cadevaliers moniker ... and future placement predictions... is so noted. Had SCV won more than 1 DCI Title since 1990, then I might have been inclined to use them in my 3 Corps trifecta called t" The Cadevaliers " and my prediction they'll win 95% of the DCI Titles over the next 35 years. But this is MY moniker, my 3 Corps ( not 4 ), my timeline, and my predictions for the next 35 years. If thats something that frustrates you, then thats of course something you'll have to deal with, as thats not my call.

I know... it is frustrating to see that name on page 3... and again in bold in the quote on page 7. It's okay. Everything will be okay.

Calling the inception of DCI an arbitrary date for statistical analysis of DCI scores is pretty funny though.

Now look who is belittling the historical success of a great organization.

Haha !... now thats funny. I'll let DCP readers decide for themselves if I " belittled the success " of BD in any of my comments about them from above here. Heck, I even utilized BD's outstanding historical success to include them exceedingly favorably in my future predictions.. so there it is.. on record here on this thread... haha !

Edited by BRASSO

I know... it is frustrating to see that name on page 3... and again in bold in the quote on page 7. It's okay. Everything will be okay.

Calling the inception of DCI an arbitrary date for statistical analysis of DCI scores is pretty funny though.

I know.. you got REALLY angry and frustrated because I utilized BD's first win title of the year" 1976" as my" arbitarily selected timeline date" instead of 3 years earlier ( 1972 ) when DCI started. Plus, we all know that this timeline just HAS to begin in the year "1972" anyways, as afterall, this is YOUR starting timeline, and we all agree and acknowledge that there was no Cavaliers Corps before 1972, and Drum Corps started in 1972 with DCI anyways, so Drum Corps fans like me just has to start with YOUR " arbitrary timeline " of 1972, instead of my arbitrary timeline of BD's first DCI title in 1976. How nervy of me not to use the year 1972 onward and not to have included a SCV Corps as you are demanding of me too (haha! ) Especially given the fact that if we include your 4th Corps to my 3rd Corps trifecta we increase the percentages from " over 80% of DCI Titles won " to another 10% or so. How unfair of me not to include that 4th Corps not to get that extra 10% rate of titles won..... and from 3 years earlier to be garnered in percentages won here to boot ! ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

If last year's waffles aren't as good as this year's waffles, maybe there's some disappointment, but even bad waffles are still waffles. Not everyone, even the top waffle chefs, get to have the best waffles every year like they want. And I think that's a pretty well recognized life lesson by waffle eaters at all tables.

Factoid: Since Mayan Calender Year 12 Baktun, 89.7% of waffles have been eaten by the Cadevilwaffleiers.

I like drum corps.

I like drum corps.

Whats " a Drum Corps " ?

No!... no!... no !... don't let us go THERE, or this site will positively explode ( lol!)

I like waffles. There, I said it.

I know.. you got REALLY angry and frustrated because I utilized BD's first win title of the year" 1976" as my" arbitarily selected timeline date" instead of 3 years earlier ( 1972 ) when DCI started. Plus, we all know that this timeline just HAS to begin in the year "1972" anyways, as afterall, this is YOUR starting timeline, and we all agree and acknowledge that there was no Cavaliers Corps before 1972, and Drum Corps started in 1972 with DCI anyways, so Drum Corps fans like me just has to start with YOUR " arbitrary timeline " of 1972, instead of my arbitrary timeline of BD's first DCI title in 1976. How nervy of me not to use the year 1972 onward and not to have included a SCV Corps as you are demanding of me too (haha! ) Especially given the fact that if we include your 4th Corps to my 3rd Corps trifecta we increase the percentages from " over 80% of DCI Titles won " to another 10% or so. How unfair of me not to include that 4th Corps not to get that extra 10% rate of titles won..... and from 3 years earlier to be garnered in percentages won here to boot ! ( lol!)

You've created more straw men in one post than Frank L. Baum ever dreamed of.

Fascinating study in argumentative fallacy.

Page 3 is still there though.

If last year's waffles aren't as good as this year's waffles, maybe there's some disappointment, but even bad waffles are still waffles. Not everyone, even the top waffle chefs, get to have the best waffles every year like they want. And I think that's a pretty well recognized life lesson by waffle eaters at all tables.

Factoid: Since Mayan Calender Year 12 Baktun, 89.7% of waffles have been eaten by the Cadevilwaffleiers.

I dunno...I am a top Waffle Chef. My waffles ARE the best from year to year with no exceptions...that is unless I am out of Baking Powder and my fiance' says here use some (crappy) baking powder from Aldi's, it's the same thing! Um...no babe....it isn't tyvm. :dry::silly:

• Like 1

You've created more straw men in one post than Frank L. Baum ever dreamed of.

Fascinating study in argumentative fallacy.

Yup.. we can all agree, that the entire thread comments, from all the pages too , are all there in black and white, and in the chronological order of the comments made on this thread and by all participants too.

I dunno...I am a top Waffle Chef. My waffles ARE the best from year to year with no exceptions...that is unless I am out of Baking Powder and my fiance' says here use some (crappy) baking powder from Aldi's, it's the same thing! Um...no babe....it isn't tyvm. :dry::silly:

When my weatherman is accurate in his weather pronouncements, I am a happy camper. When he's found to be wrong, I want to blame him and hit him with a waffle iron.

• Like 1