Rain Out Policy

In the old days of drum corps, most shows had a rain date. With today's tour schedules, that would be impossible. What happens when a show is completely cancelled in terms of the fans who bought tickets? Do they receive refunds, credit for next year's show, or just lose the money? Do the corps scheduled to appear receive some or all of the money to cover expenses?

The show I go/went to (NightBeat) has a no refunds policy, and I believe when they say "the show will go on" that they have some indoor gym standstill location. Not sure if that's the same for everyone or even if the last part is still correct.

In the old days of drum corps, most shows had a rain date. With today's tour schedules, that would be impossible. What happens when a show is completely cancelled in terms of the fans who bought tickets? Do they receive refunds, credit for next year's show, or just lose the money? Do the corps scheduled to appear receive some or all of the money to cover expenses?

Most tickets say "NO REFUNDS/EXCHANGES/RAINCHECKS"

The host of the show also has to pay all of the costs involved with the show such as judge's, transportation and other related costs.

That is one of the reasons there has to be a "no refund" policy. Hopefully the advance ticket sales and walk up sales cover all of

their costs.

wonder what it would be like if some of these singers doing outside concerts did this...hmmmmmm

IMO this is a huge reason with the cost of tickets and other things like people spending a fortune on hotels and travel that regionals and finals is in doors now

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

Because this is a bunch of not-for-profits traveling around in a very limited timeframe without the ability to return at a date a few weeks later, this policy makes sense. You can't compare it to other types of live music performances for profit.

I think of it as a donation. If I get to see a show, fantastic. If I don't, at least I contributed to getting all of the corps who were supposed to perform down the road a little bit.

• Like 2

Because this is a bunch of not-for-profits traveling around in a very limited timeframe without the ability to return at a date a few weeks later, this policy makes sense. You can't compare it to other types of live music performances for profit.

I think of it as a donation. If I get to see a show, fantastic. If I don't, at least I contributed to getting all of the corps who were supposed to perform down the road a little bit.

I think the same way as well for a local show within driving distance...I was disappointed that New Haven was a rain out, but felt my advanced ticket purchase was a donation for the corps. Though if A-town gets rained out...between hotel and travel...this will hurt a bit more for me than just a ticket and the 3 friends I bought tickets for as well...

• Like 1

welllll thats very admirable BUT I would think after spending a boat load for tickets, hotel and etc etc there are alot of un happy people when they dont get to see anything....It makes sense that they cant go back to rain dates like bitd BUT again another good reason for in door shows

Well... that's very admirable, BUT I would think after spending a boatload for tickets, hotel, etc., etc., there are a lot of unhappy people when they don't get to see anything. It makes sense that they can't go back to rain dates like bitd, BUT, again another good reason for indoor shows.

You don't mean for local shows, right? There aren't indoor venues available in the vicinity of most of them, I think. For regionals, where such likely is travel, it makes more sense, perhaps, but... where is the nearest domed stadium to Allentown, anyway?

Edited by N.E. Brigand