Allentown . . . DAY ONE!

It can for smaller corps/bands when you close the field off with props. it doesn't always work, but it certainly can. But yea, not all effect is equal...absolutely true.

I agree. I think breaking up the field can help a smaller corps. That's a great idea, as they're not really big enough to take up a regular football field.

That happens all of the time, and I've seen Jackson Academy, MS do very well this this approach at BOA and it has helped Pioneer and Cascades in DCI.

The thing is that it could also "help" a full sized corps too in scoring. Certainly Blue Stars, Crown, Blue Devils, and other corps are trying that approach.

Edited by jjeffeory

I have thought about it alot and I truly think they have the most difficult visual program on the field this year. Crazy fast and hard drill, and forms that stay perfect while the corps are in poses, bouncing, dancing, shuffling, and all multiple times throughout the show!

No they don't.
  • Like 2

While it's not going to answer all your questions, it may give you insight into what Devils do specifically... check out the multiple GoPro video they posted a week ago.

Thanks for pointing me to that video, but you're right: because it shows just the one corps, and because it doesn't stick with one member, it doesn't clarify how BD's members have any more responsibilities than members in other corps; what's shown seems no more or less impressive in that regard than in two GoPro videos I saw last year: a Crown horn member in their victory run and Bluecoats tuba in one of their last rehearsals.

Ahh, yes, a compelling, evidence-filled argument you've made. Let's all take a moment to ponder this wise post and reassess our life's choices :)

Not getting into an argument is more important to many of us than going down a list on DCP to justify our position. I do remember several seasons ago when some people DID do that to one of the Cavaliers shows. I think it was the Billy Joel Show. Same thing can be done with most of these corps.