Allentown. . . DAY TWO !

So nice of you. Cadets are awesome and your comment and suggestion is mean-spirited. Grow up.

I didn't take it as mean spirited at all, but rather lighthearted poking. This kind of commentary is par for the course when we deify the presidents, which is largely what Cadets' program does. But I do agree with you that Cadets are awesome.

That's not at all how it works.

The corps that plays champion worthy programming cleanest and most effectively wins. Style and genre are not part of the equation (they can't be).

Case in point... Crown performed a great deal of... what did you call it?... "minimalist crap" really cleanly last year... and look where it got them.

Such a short memory you have.

Actually...you just proved my point. Minimalism wins.

• Like 1

I have a 52 year old brain, but I am almost positive it was this stadium. DCI East 1982 if memory serves.

No. What I meant was was it the stadium features or acoustics that led to the poor performance or was it a random bad day?

Assuming Crown stays in the 5th place spot...

How many people were thinking during the Crown preview show back in June that this show was going to be the 5th place show this year? If I remember right, the general consensus was "it needs some work but definitely a top 3 show" which just shows how incredible these top 5 are this year.

Valid question. I certainly thought Crown was going to be one of the top echelon. Then again, it was the only show I had seen at that point. I had no way of knowing that SCV and Bluecoats were going to be as good as they are. You are right about the top five being incredible. I'll say that Blue Knights, Cavaliers and Phantom have good shows as well. It really is a great year for the activity, and all of the corps I have seen have much to be proud of, regardless of the final results for the season.

• Like 1

Hmm I wonder if anyone will apologize to those of us who said Crown horns had a bad night tonight? I'm gonna guess they will not lol

Nothing to apologize for. Crown had a strong run tonight. Some other teams had a better run than them. The kids and staff were pleased with the energy and performance level. They will work through any issues that popped up from tonights show as they always do. This has been a tough show to perform and they are breaking through now.

This is a great year with fabulous shows throughout The top 12. Every year Crown is counted out, done, finished. Every year we prove the critics wrong. This next week will be no different.

You clearly have no care or considerate thought for the young people performing the show. The only apology that needs to be made is from you for how you described the kids performance of their show tonight.

Well if their staff couldn't see and hear how rough it was but the judge and some random people on DCP could, then maybe that explains why they are struggling this year.

Um...... The brass line struggling? Uhhhhh ...... NO! You insinuate the staff is not capable. Three Jim Ott trophies in a row ....... They probably know what they are doing.

Also, why does the largest section on the field only have one judge for the caption when the percussion have two?

• Like 3

Um...... The brass line struggling? Uhhhhh ...... NO! You insinuate the staff is not capable. Three Jim Ott trophies in a row ....... They probably know what they are doing.

Also, why does the largest section on the field only have one judge for the caption when the percussion have two?

Or at the very least get judged from the box, not the field.

• Like 2

I had to miss the live performance of coats and cadets so I went back to watch again...Bloo was on fire but the feet were an issue as a whole. Cadets as a whole had me for 98% of the show...the ending left me flat. I love what bloo is doing, a cleaner visual package and they have 2nd locked up tight. May not be enough time to resolve the feet... The cadets feet are just beautiful.

Just my unqualified opinion :-)

Some book in the early 1990s named "MacArthur Park" one of the ten worst songs of the rock and roll era.

True. The other nine were done by REO Speedwagon. :tongue:

One of them might have been! I don't remember the whole list, but three for sure were "(I Dig) Rock'n'Roll Music" by Peter Paul and Mary, "American Pie" by Don McLean, and "My Ding-a-Ling" by Chuck Berry; the last one, I believe, was selected as the absolute worst.