What is the Top News Story of the DCI Season, 2014. (I know it isn&#39

Woah, that's not even close to innovation for me.

Innovation in a show is doing something that the activity has never done before; something that pushes the activity in another direction. Could be execution, or show construction with the set of rules we go by. Could be source material ( but it would have to be some radical material along the lines of what Crown or Bluecoats have done this season). ....and what I mean by activity is the marching arts activity. If it's been done in BOA, or WGI, it's not necessarily innovative just to use it in DCI. It's also how whatever is done. As I always say, it's not the what, it's the how.

I'm just more easily impressed I guess :smile:

I'm just more easily impressed I guess :smile:

I wouldn't say that!

We're just looking at different criteria; as you see more stuff you become pickier.

To insert my own thoughts:

1. The quality of corps did not progress predictably in 2014, it jumped several notches forward, a treat for the fan

(I think 1981 and perhaps 2000 were the last two times the activity surged forward this much in one single season)

2. Bluecoats 2014, when was the last time a show had such a large percentage of the community in awe?

3. Blue Devils, 2014. Stealing westcoastblue's line : "Redefining unbeatable."

4. Spirit of Atlanta, we simply want to know "why?"

5. New GE sheets, what will this do for the activity

6. As open class corps show they can compete on the world class sheets, how does this effect the future

2. Bluecoats 2014, when was the last time a show had such a large percentage of the community in awe?

Gonna hazard a guess at 2013 Crown

What would make the BIGGEST, most UNEXPECTED headline?

PIONEER WINS DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A SCORE OF 99.45

What are the most probable headlines?

-Scores higher than Wiz Khalifa

-Bluecoats use electronics and gain lots of fans doing so

-Phantom Regiment decides top 6 is overrated anyway

-Spirit of Atlanta decides finals are way too mainstream

-Cadets realize the only thing better than a 100-yd stage is an 8-ft tall wooden stage front and center

-Blue Devils have show that only HALF of the Drum Corps community hates

-Blue Devils have show that HALF of everyone decided to watch before making an opinion on it

-Carolina Crown learns the folly of wearing Light Blue and participating in DCI, where only Dark Blue wins championships.

-Vanguard Cadets and Blue Devils B both realize that just because you're open class doesn't mean you have to be that way score-wise

-Trombones, French Horns and Baritones used in DCI, world awaits Flying Pig epidemic

Yes, I like to make serious points with silly statements.

"Sue me."

-Barack Obama

-EDIT: Probably -> Probable

Edited by JamesKPolk
  • Like 1