What is the Top News Story of the DCI Season, 2014. (I know it isn&#39

Oh really? I know a couple B corps drumlines who have more talent ... Get ready because here they come!

I will give you that, but not full corps talent overall. Some corps would kill to haveSOA's brass and perc talent.

They aren't using it.

Edited by westcoastblue

I think one of the bigger headlines would have to be about DCI's rookie judges, as well as the new GE judging layout.

tons of new judging faces.

BD dominating with a show far more popular than any since 2006.

Crown's freefall from the top 3

• Like 1

1. Bluecoats ending -- the absolute perfect ending to that show

2. BD's dominance -- a wonderful show that many seem to like, and the discussions about show design which have ensued because of the staging of this product.

3. The Cadets narrator -- whether people like it or not, he and the corps' use of narration have been a major story

4. The use of Trombones -- Madison and SCV have generated discussion a lot because of this

5. The use of Synth, amps, and other electronics in show design -- The amazing use of electronics by the Bluecoats, and the not-so-good use by other corps continues to bring plenty of discussion. (healthy)

6. The top 5 being so strong

7. General Effect -- always a discussion point, but I don't seem to recall so many discussion and heated debates on the subject as we've had this summer. At least not for a long while.

• Like 2

2. Bluecoats are best second place corps in ten years or more.

Completely disagree. 2007 Cadets, 2008 BD, 2009 Crown, and 2012 Crown are all better in my eyes.

• Like 3

Spirit of Atlanta falling well out of finals and, possibly, getting beat by one or two open class corps.

Hopfully this doesn't happen.

There is no sign of that happening. They'll probably place 15th. We're talking more of a Madison in 2009, not a Kilties of 1976, which to my young eyes and ears was a great corps with a great show, but that's another story.

• Like 1

1. The use of trombones, concert french horns and a euphonium. The apocalypse never happened.

2. The Cadets stage.

3. The Cavaliers climb back up.

4. Judges not wearing the proper attire which prevented some viewers from being able to function.

5. People eating Taco Bell in the stands.

• Like 1