And the answer is, "I'll show you later."

It was ten years ago when a Cavalier tenor drummer was interviewed immediately after the 2004 James Bond DCI Finals performance. The young woman asked several mundane questions and then teed up this gem, "What does it take to be a Bond Girl?"

Well that answer brought the house down at my local theater where I was watching the closed circuit brodcast of the competition . Is there a clip of that interview out on the web anywhere? Let's make this a crowd-source exercise to find that clip.

The greatest moment in theater broadcast history. There were so few theaters carrying the broadcast in 2004 that I'm guessing very few people actually saw this. The answer to the question easily got the loudest reaction in the theater I was in that night. I tell the story often, and most people think i am exaexaggerating or making it up. If you find the clip that would be awesome, but as this was a ways back in smartphone technology and social media I am guessing you are going to strike out.

Z

Atendee at every single quarterfinals broadcast in the theater.

And i believe the answer was "come back to the bus later, and I will show you". Cue the dear in the headlights look and Jessica Allen responding with uhhhhh back to you Steve.

Then the drummer yelled "SPLOOIE!!!" as the shot cut back to Rondo.

(...and the tales grow taller on down the line...)

Edited by Overhype

Saw this live, and yes, he was that smooth. I don't recall the "come by the bus" but I certainly remember "I'll show you later".

I remember seeing that too, the theatre I was at erupted with laughter. Highlight of the night!