Panels

I don't believe in the biases people seem to claim certain judges have but according to what DCPers say:

Prelims: Nothing that I know of

Semis: Crown may do better in GE, Cavies may be screwed over in VA by Oliviero

Finals: BAC is screwed in VA (Debbie Torchia)

I'm sure there are plenty more ridiculous claims of judge bias that I haven't picked up on and put down in this post.

No, with The Torch doing VA- that is a plus for BAC----She used to be the caption head for their colorguard. Hopefully, there will be someone to balance her out.

No, with The Torch doing VA- that is a plus for BAC----She used to be the caption head for their colorguard. Hopefully, there will be someone to balance her out.

Her presence could be a liability then. She's unlikely to deliberately cheat on their behalf, but people tend to overcompensate for their perceived biases, or out of unconscious concern of the perception of bias by others. There are several different sources of bias, though, so hopefully they will all balance out!

Her presence could be a liability then. She's unlikely to deliberately cheat on their behalf, but people tend to overcompensate for their perceived biases, or out of unconscious concern of the perception of bias by others. There are several different sources of bias, though, so hopefully they will all balance out!

Nah, she usually bumps BAC a little- I am not so sure it is as flagrant. Boston's visual numbers have been better than a few corps in their placement range lately-not only in regard to whether she is judging.

Edited by Forevergreen

I am sorry-I thought you were referring to Blue Coats when you said BAC. Now I realize your meant Boston-so could of taught them-again years ago.

Have you seen her in the past many years? There is no way she has been near a drum corps practice field in many many years.

I don't believe in the biases people seem to claim certain judges have but according to what DCPers say:

Prelims: Nothing that I know of

Semis: Crown may do better in GE, Cavies may be screwed over in VA by Oliviero

Finals: BAC is screwed in VA (Debbie Torchia)

I'm sure there are plenty more ridiculous claims of judge bias that I haven't picked up on and put down in this post.

I've seen a couple of lists of who will favor whom the most with the three different judging panels. I want to see if this holds true though.

Every corps has a set of panels that they wish they could get for finals.

I am sorry-I thought you were referring to Blue Coats when you said BAC. Now I realize your meant Boston-so could of taught them-again years ago.

Have you seen her in the past many years? There is no way she has been near a drum corps practice field in many many years.

Well, the last I saw her, was for her to push her way into the finals seats where I was sitting (there truly were not seats, she made one though) for finals in Madison in 2006. Yes, clapping and sitting on the edge of her seat for BAC's Cathedreal of the Minds show.