2014 World Championship Prelims + Big, Live & Loud!

It's a training corps that operates on a limited schedule. They are doing exactly what they were designed to do.

That being said BD and SCV certainly benefit from having them. Would other corps? I mean I know there is a cost involved which would make operating one less feasible for other organizations. And why do you think Colts do not be benefit more from having one? I mean from a performance level having more up and coming members with corps/show experience?

The problem with so called feeder corps is that a fair amount of members end up in other organisations. The likes of Blue Devils B members however often don't stand a chance in the "big" corps in so much that so many other World Class members rook out at BD to chase a ring... and before anybody flames me for that statement.. it's true and you know it's the case... and for the record, I'm a big Blue Devils fan,a s many of my former corps mates marched there. More so than went to Vanguard.

Through the years, members from BDB have gone on to march in several other World Class Corps. I don't feel they are just a "training corps", but rather they provide an opportunity to those young people who love music and this activity, a place to grow and develop, so that they can one day possibly march with World Class. The average age of BDB is usually 16-19.

• Like 1

The problem with so called feeder corps is that a fair amount of members end up in other organisations. The likes of Blue Devils B members however often don't stand a chance in the "big" corps in so much that so many other World Class members rook out at BD to chase a ring... and before anybody flames me for that statement.. it's true and you know it's the case... and for the record, I'm a big Blue Devils fan,a s many of my former corps mates marched there. More so than went to Vanguard.

Very true. A lot of "B" members are, I'm sure, blocked by members of other corps coming to audition at the "A" corps. I have heard there are a number of "B" members that go to Pacific Crest and Academy for more of a full tour if they don't make BD, and there have also been drumline members that go elsewhere (like Bluecoats, where there is a 15 year old on the snareline that marched BDB last year).

By the way, BDB was excellent! I'm predicting NO lower than 17, with a possible top 15 finish. I think their score from yesterday holds today.

Very true. A lot of "B" members are, I'm sure, blocked by members of other corps coming to audition at the "A" corps. I have heard there are a number of "B" members that go to Pacific Crest and Academy for more of a full tour if they don't make BD, and there have also been drumline members that go elsewhere (like Bluecoats, where there is a 15 year old on the snareline that marched BDB last year).

By the way, BDB was excellent! I'm predicting NO lower than 17, with a possible top 15 finish. I think their score from yesterday holds today.

This gets me to think a bit...I'm curious as to whether an open-class corps will ever make finals...if so...which corps would probably make it first...and how much of a uphill battle that would be breaking into finals...I guess the question always is who is going to fall...Which gets me to think...was there ever a time in the past when an open-class/or other division during that time where a open-class corps was finals worthy...

This gets me to think a bit...I'm curious as to whether an open-class corps will ever make finals...if so...which corps would probably make it first...and how much of a uphill battle that would be breaking into finals...I guess the question always is who is going to fall...Which gets me to think...was there ever a time in the past when an open-class/or other division during that time where a open-class corps was finals worthy...

Wait I thought Magic of Orlando did this years back? No?

Someone just mentioned that BDB is already ranked 15th. Not sure if it's true but I can see them hitting that mark or maybe..

Boy wouldn't that be great if we had a finals bookmarked with BD corps?

SCVC sounded great but their visuals were not as good as Genesis. All these open class corps I have seen today are so great! I really loved Legends show a lot!

2002 Magic of Orlando. But that was a special case. Too long to go into here. It would deserve it's own topic.

Z

From what I recall, here's a long story short: They went inactive for a year or so, wanted to compete in Div. I, but DCI said no, so with their "All-star" staff, they broke 99 in Div. II Finals & made 11th in Div. I finals that year.

Edited to correct finals placement

Edited by loopin' froot loops
  • Like 1