2014 World Championships Semi Finals

Audio tonight is highly compressed, and is creating fuzzy artifacts in the sound (you hear it everywhere, percussion, amped stuff, acoustic brass). Through that (and after hearing CC rehearse for quite a bit on Wed), it sounded to me like a really good run for CC brass.

Can you define "compressed" for me? (your version of what's going on with the stream... I'm curious)

Edited by drumcat

OK, the touch-up paint job on SCVs big three backfield props is a noticeable improvement

I warned them they would need a lot of touch ups when we first painted them. Styrofoam chips easily with all the use they are getting.

Can you define "compressed" for me?

Take all the soft parts, make them louder. Take all the loud parts, make them softer. Basically, smash the crap out of the dynamic range and even out the volume levels.

• Like 1

Take all the soft parts, make them louder. Take all the loud parts, make them softer. Basically, smash the crap out of the dynamic range and even out the volume levels.

Sorry, I know what "compressed" means... just what you were noticing vs shotgun mic/dome realities...

I have not heard a single show where one of the soloists didn't frack. As someone who has tried learning a brass instrument, I understand it's hard to make a clean attack on a note that high while trying to maintain the same pitch as the person right before you, but you'd think they'd have it right by now.

Its not a very high note at all either.