18. The Academy

19. Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets

20. The Mandarins

21. Jersey Surf

22. Advancing Open Class Corps

23. Advancing Open Class Corps

24. The Seattle Cascades

25. Pioneer

My placements were just based on a Top 25...with the growth of open class, in recent years, there could be some more placement adjustments with the lower placing world class corps.

Did you forget about Pacific Crest, or do you not see them in the top 25 this year?

I think finals week could shake out like this

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. SCV

4. Cavaliers

5. Carolina Crown

6. Bluecoats

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Blue Knights

9 Tie Phantom

9. Tie Madison

11. Blue Stars

12 Colts

13 Crossmen

14 Academy

15 Pacific Crest

16 Vanguard Cadets

17 Blue Devils B

18 Spirit Of Atlanta

19 Troopers

20 Oregon Crusaders

21 Mandarins

22 Jersey Surf

23 Genesis

24 Spartans

25 Cascades

• Like 1

Did you forget about Pacific Crest, or do you not see them in the top 25 this year?

I think finals week could shake out like this

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. SCV

4. Cavaliers

5. Carolina Crown

6. Bluecoats

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Blue Knights

9 Tie Phantom

9. Tie Madison

11. Blue Stars

12 Colts

13 Crossmen

14 Academy

15 Pacific Crest

16 Vanguard Cadets

17 Blue Devils B

18 Spirit Of Atlanta

19 Troopers

20 Oregon Crusaders

21 Mandarins

22 Jersey Surf

23 Genesis

24 Spartans

25 Cascades

MisterA, to each his own, of course, but I must ask:

Troopers 19th? If in fact, however, you shall prove to be correct, I will readily submit to the penance of your choice. :bleah:

Revised predictions

1. Carolina Crown

2. Cadets

3. Blue Devils

4. SCV

5. Cavaliers

6. Bluecoats

7. Blue Knights

8. BAC

9. Phantom

10. Blue Stars

11. Troopers

12. Colts

I normally don't do these but I guess it's all in fun so here goes. I'll even throw in my silly, likely to be 100% wrong reasons for my placements.

1. Blue Devils - Even after losing over half the corps from last season, the show design gets them title #17.

2. Cadets - When they do no nonsense shows, they usually score really well.

3. Crown - Couldn't put them in the top 2 because then I'd be a homer.

4. Bluecoats - Heard the ballad. Not loving it. Not that that has anything to do with where they place, but whatever it's my list.

5. Vanguard - Continuing to improve but the four groups in front of them just a touch better.

6. Cavaliers - Will they ever break the top 5 again? Probably. Just not this year.

7. Phantom - Haven't really liked anything they've done since Spartacus. Their shows feel like one long ballad.

8. BAC - I like them a lot. Just not enough to put them any higher.

9. Blue Knights - After years of this being my hotdog corps, the last three shows have kept my attention. Hopefully that trend continues.

10. Madison - Can't say that I'm a huge Madison fan. I'm probably showing my bias a bit by putting them this low.

11. Blue Stars - I could just as easily see them dropping out of finals and Spirit or Crossmen replacing them.

12. Colts - Wishful thinking, but I want them to make it so bad.

Edited by crownisking

Why do I even look at this thread??? It's just seems like a bunch of homers posting their own self-righteous predictions. It's not like anyone here can say exactly what'll be going down once August hits.

• Like 2

The Blue Devils will be working on title #17. They won #16 last year.

I normally don't do these but I guess it's all in fun so here goes. I'll even throw in my silly, likely to be 100% wrong reasons for my placements.

1. Blue Devils - Even after losing over half the corps from last season, the show design gets them title #16.

4. Bluecoats - Heard the ballad. Not loving it. Not that that has anything to do with where they place, but whatever it's my list.

5. Vanguard - Continuing to improve but the four groups in front of them just a touch better.

6. Cavaliers - Will they ever break the top 5 again? Probably. Just not this year.

7. Phantom - Haven't really liked anything they've done since Spartacus. Their shows feel like one long ballad.

9. Blue Knights - After years of this being my hotdog corps, the last three shows have kept my attention. Hopefully that trend continues.

10. Madison - Can't say that I'm a huge Madison fan. I'm probably showing my bias a bit by putting them this low.

11. Blue Stars - I could just as easily see them dropping out of finals and Spirit or Crossmen replacing them.

The Blue Devils will be working on title #17. They won #16 last year.

Fixed. Thanks.

1. Blue Devils - Even after losing over half the corps from last season, the show design gets them title #17.

I'm not feeling a BD win this year. I think Cadets and Crown will be very strong. Kind of feeling a 2007 year with three corps battling out to the end and one of them other than BD winning. This based on nothing of course.
  • Like 1