2015 Predictions

The Pioneer Interest and Audition page on Facebook is very inspiring. It's invitation only but you can still view it. I get the impression they are quietly going about recruiting in a very serious way.

So many people are only concerned with the upper level corps but I'm going out on a limb and predicting that Pioneer will have the biggest jump in placement of any World Class corps. Cascades will also have a big jump in placement if they build on their terrific 2014 show.

Cascades have done a lot of staff overhaul in the last few seasons. Most of their visual and brass staff now are the guys that used to be my staff at Troopers - such as Kyle Thompson and Nick Benson - and even some of the members I marched with are working there now as techs (and their new tour director was my fellow lead trumpet player in 2012). Some very talented teachers. Nick teaches one of the most solid movement programs in the activity. Excited to see what they've done with the corps!

Edit: I just went through their complete list of staff and counted how many people I either marched with or had as staff at Troop. The number is 14.

Edited by TroopAlum12
  • Like 1

As someone who just got a contract with the Cascades, all of this hype around the season makes me happy about my decision to actually do something this summer. I have not yet been to a camp, so I can't comment on the validity of the hype, but I'm really glad to be part of this either way.

• Like 6

As someone who just got a contract with the Cascades, all of this hype around the season makes me happy about my decision to actually do something this summer. I have not yet been to a camp, so I can't comment on the validity of the hype, but I'm really glad to be part of this either way.

Well congrats and have an amazing summer!

Best of luck to you! I can't say enough how much I enjoyed last years show, I think you made a fantastic choice. Have a great summer!

• Like 2

I predict that this year will be very interesting musically and visually. I sure wish BD would announce their show. My son is in pit for A corps now so I will have to step over kids in the morning on my way out.

It feels like we get show announcements later and later each year. Is that just perception on my part or reality? It's April and I feel like we know almost nothing about anyone.

It feels like we get show announcements later and later each year. Is that just perception on my part or reality? It's April and I feel like we know almost nothing about anyone.

Presenting their 2015 show, "Hold on, we'll tell you in a second"...

• Like 1

it's also WGI week too. Soon I am sure.

I don't think WGI has anything to do with corps show announcements. If they have a show theme with music and they want to let the world know what it is, they could easily add it to their FB/corps site.