2015 Predictions

oh god, ok...

I personally prefer this one a ton over Angels and Demons. That show really appealed to the masses but it wasn't the best executing Cadets corps.. JMO

Agreed. I mean I still prefer Angels and Demons over this show, just because I love the drum break so freaking much lol but even my former band director told me that that show was probably the dirtiest show to win finals lol

My mid season predictions. It's my opinion so please don't attack me for it. I do this for fun and it's mostly wishful thinking. I think the top 6 will all be ridiculously close and any of them could medal. This is a great year for drum corps and so far there is not a show that I do not like but unfortunately only 3 can medal in a year and only 12 can make finals.

1. Crown - Gut feeling that that new ending will make this show into a monster come finals. I feel like there will be something surprising added to the show. Should win Guard this year and they will definitely be in the running for the Ott. Percussion is much improved and this show still has a ton of room to grow.

2. Cadets - After last year there's no way they place lower than 2nd. Fantastic brass and percussion and visually very clean. Guard will hold them back.

3. Blue Devils - It's not last year and I don't think there's anyway they repeat as champions after coming off a record breaking year. Fantastic across the board. Love the music selections

4. Bloo - I could see them switching with Crown here depending on how there show comes along the next few weeks. Fantastic across the board. Revolutionary show. The question is whether they can clean it.

5. Blue Knights - This is the year they break into the top 7. The brass is amazing and the other sections are very solid. Their show is much more complex than last year. Closer gives me goosebumps. This is the corps to watch out for and a true dark horse.

6. SCV - I really want to put them higher but it's just so competitive this year. I would love to see them medal

7. BAC

8. Cavies

9. Phantom

10. Blue Stars

11. Madison Scouts

12. Crossmen

13. Troopers

14. Oregon Crusaders

15. Pacific Crest

16. SoA

17. Colts

18. Cascades

19. Academy

20. Mandarins

21. Pioneer

22. Jersey Surf

My mid season predictions. It's my opinion so please don't attack me for it. I do this for fun and it's mostly wishful thinking. I think the top 6 will all be ridiculously close and any of them could medal. This is a great year for drum corps and so far there is not a show that I do not like but unfortunately only 3 can medal in a year and only 12 can make finals.

1. Crown - Gut feeling that that new ending will make this show into a monster come finals. I feel like there will be something surprising added to the show. Should win Guard this year and they will definitely be in the running for the Ott. Percussion is much improved and this show still has a ton of room to grow.

2. Cadets - After last year there's no way they place lower than 2nd. Fantastic brass and percussion and visually very clean. Guard will hold them back.

3. Blue Devils - It's not last year and I don't think there's anyway they repeat as champions after coming off a record breaking year. Fantastic across the board. Love the music selections

4. Bloo - I could see them switching with Crown here depending on how there show comes along the next few weeks. Fantastic across the board. Revolutionary show. The question is whether they can clean it.

5. Blue Knights - This is the year they break into the top 7. The brass is amazing and the other sections are very solid. Their show is much more complex than last year. Closer gives me goosebumps. This is the corps to watch out for and a true dark horse.

6. SCV - I really want to put them higher but it's just so competitive this year. I would love to see them medal

7. BAC

8. Cavies

9. Phantom

10. Blue Stars

11. Madison Scouts

12. Crossmen

13. Troopers

14. Oregon Crusaders

15. Pacific Crest

16. SoA

17. Colts

18. Cascades

19. Academy

20. Mandarins

21. Pioneer

22. Jersey Surf

Very interesting predictions; I disagree with quite a few of them, but that's okay. It's good to see another take.

Swap Academy with Pacific Crest, Cavies in Blue Knight's Place, then SCV should place higher... My thought is Blue Knights take 7th.

Lots of differences for sure, and I've seen the West coast corps live this year. They're a good bunch for sure!

• Like 1

Very interesting predictions; I disagree with quite a few of them, but that's okay. It's good to see another take.

Swap Academy with Pacific Crest, Cavies in Blue Knight's Place, then SCV should place higher... My thought is Blue Knights take 7th.

Lots of differences for sure, and I've seen the West coast corps live this year. They're a good bunch for sure!

My top 6 is mostly wishful thinking haha I will be honest in saying that I am very biased towards BK, Crown, and BAC

My top 6 is mostly wishful thinking haha I will be honest in saying that I am very biased towards BK, Crown, and BAC

BK's show is incredible! They have a shot at 6, imho. I don't think they're going to overtake the 5th position. The top 5 scoring corps this year seem to be 3-4 points ahead of 6th. Going to be interesting though!

My midseason prediction (not that anyone cares about a newbie's 2 cents). This is how they will finish in San Antonio, not in Indy!

1. BD

2. Cadets

3. Crown

4. SCV

5. Bluecoats

6. Cavs

7. Blue Knights

8. Phantom

9. Blue Stars

10. Madison

11. Crossmen

12. BAC

13. Troopers

14-21. Who knows?

• Like 1

Agreed. I mean I still prefer Angels and Demons over this show, just because I love the drum break so freaking much lol but even my former band director told me that that show was probably the dirtiest show to win finals lol

Musically they weren't the cleanest, but as a musical ensemble they were great, and visually they were great, too -- I think in Quarters their visual performance score was half a point higher than 2nd place.

Can someone answer this question because they already know. When did the Blue Stars pass Madison last season and start to pull away?

the first time they placed higher was at San Antonio. But they started to pull away after Atlanta. I think.where they scored two points higher than Madison.

speaking on the whole electronics debate, A lot of my favorite shows dont have electronics being used. "Machine" Cavaliers 2006, no electronics, they made all of their sounds using instruments, I dont think it would be right to get rid of electronics all together but I do think that they should tone it down a bit. I mean bluecoats and santa clara's shows have wayy too many electronics in it. anyways on another topic, I feel pretty confident that the top 3 will be blue devils, I know a lot of people have been saying that their show is the most vunerable to fall but they have been undefeated since the beginning of last year. I just dont see them dropping out of the top 3, they may not win though. Cadets, they could get too comfortable and fall but I highly doubt it. Crown, they are hanging on for dear life lol Crown is the only corps I feel like might be out of the top 3 by the end of the year. But they are putting on an amazing show and I feel like crown will battle with bluecoats for third, along with santa clara. The top 5 is crazy this year, im so happy that we, as fans, get to witness such a historical season.

Cadets NEVER "get comfortable". Probably the hardest working corps. The demand there is extreme.

Crown IS NOT hanging on for dear life. They are formidable and are a change or two away from shooting way up.

Edited by Tobias