Another TILT - the meaning of Hymn of Acxiom

I wasn't sure if they were using the actual voice sample until I heard the recording of them singing at Massillon. You can clearly hear it on that recording. After that, I made sure to listen for it, and sure enough...

Edited by Reed

Here's a vid where she explains it in detail, REALLY cool video. She's awesome, really like her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3pZaEcdIGo

Also, it's really cool she mentions the Bluecoats on her site towards the bottom:

http://viennateng.com/

She also mentions that Eric Whitacre has an arrangement of Hymn of Axciom in the works!

• Like 2

The melodic and harmonic language is awesome on Hymn...just by-pass the creepy lyrics. That said, the transition from the Coats battery break on the front sideline into the Teng ballad was jarring...as in...no connection at all.

Here's my unrealistic dramatic content:

Most of the guard is dressed in business suits of various colors.

A guard member dressed as a little girl is skipping along the front, followed by a business person in a purple suit. The girl discovers a flower and is visibly thrilled. The business person draws a picture on a large pad he is carrying, and shows it to the audience; it is a flower. He then gives that picture to another business person (wearing a blue suit) who runs off with it. The girl, oblivious to all this, continues on and is again thrilled to see a cute teddy bear. Again the businessman draws a teddy bear and hands it off to another businessman (orange suit).

Suddenly the girl is accosted by a business person (red suit) who shoves an ugly plastic flower in her face. She turns away, and another shoves a teddy bear in her face. She is surrounded by business people (perhaps one is wearing an NSA unifom?) shaking flowers and bears at her. They descend upon her and her arm and hand is the last visible part of her sinking into the hoard that converges upon her. More feeding frenzy imagery could be employed if you wanna get gritty.

There could also be a High Priestess of Acxiom on a dais in the middle of the field at the end.

This is too complicated for a drum corps show, I think. But maybe some brilliant designer can pare it down somewhat.