Opinions on Uniforms for 2014--helped or hindered?

If this is the case, then its a logical no brainer then that Crown ( that went to 1st to 5th ) will be ditching their uniforms after this season. Thats because if we accept your position, the uniform choice Corps make ( your words ) " effects more than most think ".

But this is just plain silly, imo. Crown went from 1st to 5th in one season, and this uniform choice of theirs ( as bad as it was in my opinion ) had virtually nothing at all to do with their finishing either 5th this season, nor 1st last season.

noone said a uniform makes them go from 1st to 5th. how a uniform is constructed and what it presents can make a difference in what one sees and what they dont. Personally no one either has to accept any position.

noone said a uniform makes them go from 1st to 5th. how a uniform is constructed and what it presents can make a difference in what one sees and what they dont. Personally no one either has to accept any position.

1) You are correct.. noone said here that Crown went from 1st to 5th as a result of their uniforms.

2) Judges have no caption, nor subcaption that states " uniforms ". As such, Corps are neither awarded, nor punished for uniform choices. If they are, corps would scream bloody blue murder, as the current sheets make no provisions at all for a Corps uniform choice. Judges may or may not have vision issues as a result of uniform choices made by Corps, but near as we can tell, not a single Corps placement this season was effected by a Corps" uniform choice"... which afterall, is the OP's thread question before us.

3)You are likewise correct that noone here has to " accept any position " opinion posted here on DCP..

Edited by BRASSO

1) you are correct.. noone said here that Crown went from 1st to 5th as a result of their uniforms.

2) judges have no caption, nor subcaption that states " uniforms ". As such, Corps are not awarded, nor punished for uniform choices. If they are, corps would scream bloody blue murder, as the current sheets make np provisions at all for a Corps uniform choice. Judges may or may not have vision ( and hearing ) issues as a result of uniform choices made by Corps, but near as we can tell, not a single Corps placement this season was effected by a" uniform "choice... which afterall, is the OP's thread question before us.

3) you are likewise correct that noone here has to " accept any position " opinion posted here on DCP..

#2 there also isn't caption for flags and colors that just dont work, so why do corps make changes during the season sometimes. For the heck of it? why has cadets for one changed their guard uniforms after the season ( not this year ) started, for the heck of it? Why have corps removed things from the uniform to look cleaner, for the heck of it? There's a reason and it makes a difference. As far as placements, 1 place or tenths, what difference does it make. ALOT! as far as personally knowing how each and every corps may or may not have been effected tent's or points how would any of us know.

Edited by GUARDLING

why has cadets for one changed their guard uniforms after the season ( not this year ) started, for the heck of it?

No, I don't believe that there is just one reason that Corps change uniforms, ie " for the " heck of it ".

There are dozens of reasons that Corps decide to change uniforms after the season. Were you under the false impression that the Cadets Corps change uniforms for just one reason, and for just one reason alone ?

Again, you havn't answered the question. What placements have changed this season (or last season ) as a result of a uniform change, or a Guard costuming change ? If, as you said above, that unforms" are more important than most thin"k, then you should be able to tell us where a uniform decision has had any effect on the judges decision. Just one or two specific examples with dates and Corps where a Corps placement moved up or down even one position would be enough to bolster your claim of the importance of uniforms in the scoring. Absent any evidence at all that uniforms effect scores and placements, the claim of yours above that uniforms choices ( as you said )" are more important than most people think " as a claim seems to fall totally flat, imo..

Edited by BRASSO

No, I don't believe that there is just one reason that Corps change uniforms, ie " for the " heck of it ".

There are dozens of reasons that Corps decide to change uniforms after the season. Were you under the false impression that the Cadets Corps change uniforms for just one reason, and for just one reason alone ?

Again, you havn't answered the question. What placements have changed this season (or last season ) as a result of a uniform change, or a Guard costuming change ? If, as you said above, that unforms" are more important than most thin"k, then you should be able to tell us where a uniform decision has had any effect on the judges decision. Just one or two specific examples with dates and Corps where a Corps placement moved up or down even one position would be enough to bolster your claim of the importance of uniforms in the scoring. Absent any evidence at all that uniforms effect scores and placements, the claim of yours above that uniforms choices ( as you said )" are more important than most people think " as a claim seems to fall totally flat, imo..

Youre not paying attention . I didnt say after a season I said DURING the season as Cadets have done in the past..

Youre not getting any answer as to specifics because as I said how would I know or you what is said to any other corps. You can't.

As far as my and others claims, we can only tell you what is actually told to us for decades already, if you dont want to believe it thats seems to be a you problem. Want specifics? Sorry frankly thats the business of the corps or ask the judges you have claimed that would never discuss this. Some of them are notorious for it.

Not sure why you would question people who are telling you , who are actually doing this that it is untrue. Maybe it hasn't been your experience ( which would be a much different way of saying it ) but you just plain out tell people its not true. HMMMMM

Ok I'm done . next subject, unless someone else want to take over..lol :biggrin:

Edited by GUARDLING

Youre not getting any answer as to specifics because as I said how would I know

l :biggrin:

I think that pretty much wraps it up now.. unless you want to go on about uniforms being more important in the scores and placements" than most people think ". ( but offering us not a single example to bolster such a claim. )

Edited by BRASSO

LOVED

CROSSMEN

OREGON

BLUE STARS .AFTER GREY THINGS CAME OFF. Red Plumes!!!

HATED

MADISON

CROWN

BOSTON

EHH

BK

PHANTOM

BD

A fan's take on a uniform is entirely a personal taste matter.

Also..not a single Corps scores or placements this season ( or any season for that matter) has a single thing to do with what the uniforms worn on the field are. We all can be pretty confident in saying that DCI judges Beth Fabrizio, George Oliviero, ,Jeff Prosperie, Lo, Miller, Torchia, Jones, Kristensen, et al etc don't care a wit whats worn on the field in uniform when they put down their scores after a Corps performance.

oh I think upstairs it can matter a lot.

I believe that unis and scores and placements have virtually no relationship. But since we cannot say EVER, then I suppose the effects of unis to scores and placements have as much effect as the weather wind during a performance as do the judges thoughts on the uniforms selected for that season by all these Corps.

wellyou believe that. doesn't make you right, but feel free

• Like 1