Opinions on Uniforms for 2014--helped or hindered?

Except for that weird fact that Crown had a 19.6 both years in vis proficiency, good enough for 2nd last year and 3rd this year.

oops. and the additional weird fact that the bright orange stripe was FAR more dirt-revealing than the blue pants.

Edited by corpsband

Im very sure you have heard it alot also. The good and sometimes the not so good. We've all been there haven't we Jeff.

hey i taught a team that wore white pants for years. finally switched to black, and while they didn't really improve that much ( they were already great) if you knew where to look, to many they thought an instant transformation happened to us visually

• Like 1

Interesting point. As nice as it is to have a professional football stadium with the finest playing surfaces on which to perform, sometimes all the markings (yard marks along the hashes and sidelines, large numbers on the yard lines, and especially the large logos on the 50) sometimes get in the way of visual clarity. Give me a clear field with nothing but clearly marked yardlines and hash marks, and I'm good.

Marian Catholic HS did a really good job of adapting to the field this year with props and tarps. Better than most corps I've seen try. Maybe they should take a hint?

Interesting point. As nice as it is to have a professional football stadium with the finest playing surfaces on which to perform, sometimes all the markings (yard marks along the hashes and sidelines, large numbers on the yard lines, and especially the large logos on the 50) sometimes get in the way of visual clarity. Give me a clear field with nothing but clearly marked yardlines and hash marks, and I'm good.

The numbers and yard marks create some clutter, but they help with corps that march full dot system. Most staffs of those groups will paint down the pro hashes/numbers for the members, so they can get a feel for the changed math.

I also remember DCI covering the logo one year. Was that 2010 or 2011 that it was a different shade of green than the rest of the field?

The numbers and yard marks create some clutter, but they help with corps that march full dot system. Most staffs of those groups will paint down the pro hashes/numbers for the members, so they can get a feel for the changed math.

I also remember DCI covering the logo one year. Was that 2010 or 2011 that it was a different shade of green than the rest of the field?

2011. I think though that Lucas Oil covered it up for a different event around the same time, and not that it was at DCI's request (that's what I heard on here, anyway)

• 2 weeks later...

Was this by Chandler or Cesario? And for which guard???

cher_600.jpg

Probably most guards, once they learned to "Cher and Cher alike."

• Like 1