Levi's Stadium - May not be a great DCI Venue

There is no Bart station outside the stadium. Maybe a Caltrans station is near but I don't think so. I think it's a light rail in the San Jose Area that is close by which is fine. The stadium really lacks parking but I'm not sure if that would be an issue for DCI since only about 25-30,000 attendance for finals. The issue might be corps warming up. Great America amusement park is next to the stadium and I'm sure they are not going to give up their parking lots for big semis. The issue right now is lack of parking and traffic. I could see a lot of corps staying in schools in the central valley like Modesto, Stockton, Fairfield even Sacramento area. BD this year stayed in Youngstown Ohio and then traveled.

BD traveled 350 miles each way every day? Youngstown is clear on the other side of Ohio, right next to the PA border.

Edited by sabrefan62

There is no Bart station outside the stadium. Maybe a Caltrans station is near but I don't think so.

Caltrain links with VTA right at the Mountain View station and drops you right near the stadium. You can also use Amtrak's Capitol Corridor or ACE line to get the stadium from Sacramento/the Valley

For a point of reference here is screenshot of the surrounding area of Levi Stadium

Levi%20Stadium_Map.PNG

(Mods - Please delete this post, tried to embed map, failed miserably) :withstupid::grrr::wall::wall:

Edited by Jeffe77

Caltrain links with VTA right at the Mountain View station and drops you right near the stadium. You can also use Amtrak's Capitol Corridor or ACE line to get the stadium from Sacramento/the Valley

These are unfortunately unreliable transportation sources. Anyone coming up the Peninsula, and from the central valley will tell you this.

I been in the bay area many times and found more reliable than SoCal. Right around the stadium like the previous post mentioned, you have ACE, Capitol Corridor and VIA light rail. Seems to be a viable option. Especially for those staying near San Jose, can take the Cal Train to SF to visit.

http://deadspin.com/the-49ers-are-replacing-their-turf-already-1625145532/+barryap

This is a link to a new story about the 49s already having to replace the turf in the stadium, so we can safely count out this stadium.

I've seen the stadium but haven't been in it. I have to say being from the Bay Area I'm not that impressed especially being that it cost 1.2 billion $$. It just doesn't look that impressive for that cost. Even though they have the small light rail near by it's not Bart. It can't handle a lot of people. Unlike AT&T Park in downtown SF, you can take the Muni light rail train to Bart or walk to Bart which is only 20mins. Levi Stadium most people will drive. Those that take the train will have to take two trains. Some will take rented buses but again will have to move in and out of traffic. Improvement from Candlestick but a lot of people are not impressed.