Levi's Stadium - May not be a great DCI Venue

Indy is nice because it is about a 6 hour drive, and so I can go every year. Also, getting to know some of the locals at restaurants, hotels, etc, makes the weekend more enjoyable as well. Now if I can just convince DCI that I need a luxury box for myelf and my friends to watch from, for the price of a normal ticket of course!!!

I asked about this possibility while in Indianapolis and was told by someone from the area that housing at schools would be a spectacular hassle, and why. However, I don't remember the reason given for that. Can anyone with knowledge of the region speculate on that?

It was my understanding that it is hard to find schools in that area that will allow overnight stays.

It was my understanding that it is hard to find schools in that area that will allow overnight stays.

Yes, that is so, but why is that the case there, more so than anywhere else?

Yes, that is so, but why is that the case there, more so than anywhere else?

$$$$$$$$

A lot of schools in California start just before or just after DCI Finals. This year, my kids started the Thursday before. This would limit available housing at schools.

Could that be part of why it was so hard to get the WCs to go west of the Rockies before 2007?

Another view of the stadium

Edited by Jeffe77

There is no Bart station outside the stadium. Maybe a Caltrans station is near but I don't think so. I think it's a light rail in the San Jose Area that is close by which is fine. The stadium really lacks parking but I'm not sure if that would be an issue for DCI since only about 25-30,000 attendance for finals. The issue might be corps warming up. Great America amusement park is next to the stadium and I'm sure they are not going to give up their parking lots for big semis. The issue right now is lack of parking and traffic. I could see a lot of corps staying in schools in the central valley like Modesto, Stockton, Fairfield even Sacramento area. BD this year stayed in Youngstown Ohio and then traveled.