Levi's Stadium - May not be a great DCI Venue

I think a bigger issue is the damage hosting finals does to a grass surface. 70+ shows over 3 days can leave a natural surface as little more than bare dirt.

Yes I agree. But that answers the question "Why does DCI prefer artificial turf for finals week." The question I was answering was "Why would a new football stadium be built with natural grass."

I think a bigger issue is the damage hosting finals does to a grass surface. 70+ shows over 3 days can leave a natural surface as little more than bare dirt.

Wasn't it Foxborough where they alternated concert sides?
  • Like 2

Wasn't it Foxborough where they alternated concert sides?

Yes.. 2005 that was fun between having to move to Away side, The #### Elevator bells..and Lousy event staff/security.

Edited by Zeke

And this year, Blue Stars especially, Bluecoats to a significant degree, and Cadets, Blue Knights, and Boston Crusaders to a lesser extent, all would have had to have reworked their shows, because DCI doesn't permit tarps to be used on grass fields.

I wonder if we'll see in a couple years DCI scheduling events exclusively at venues with artificial turf fields, to prevent confusion like this in the future?

I asked about this possibility while in Indianapolis and was told by someone from the area that housing at schools would be a spectacular hassle, and why. However, I don't remember the reason given for that. Can anyone with knowledge of the region speculate on that?

And I'm guessing we should all be aware of this issue that has only this weekend come to the attention of many.

http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfootball/ci_26360587/49ers-fans-complain-unbearable-heat-at-levis-stadium

I asked about this possibility while in Indianapolis and was told by someone from the area that housing at schools would be a spectacular hassle, and why. However, I don't remember the reason given for that. Can anyone with knowledge of the region speculate on that?

Good question. I think you could look at what the housing situation is for the Stanford show as a comparison since there are roughly 10-12 corps at that event each year.

real turf? forget it. Plus I really don't see them leaving Indy. the deal is too sweet

• Like 1