Line-Up for DCA Prelims?

Hard luck? I believe you make your own luck. We go out and do our job, everyone after us is going to have to compare to that. We're going to control the things that we can control. Performance order, judging panels, all that other stuff is just wasted energy worrying about. We figure if we do what we know we are capable of, everything else will take care of itself. Can't wait to throw down next weekend and see what happens.

Sorry. No offense intended, Dan. Having enjoyed your show on video, I'm very much looking forward to seeing it on Saturday and Sunday. I just meant, it would make more sense for corps who have been scoring in the same range to be seen on the same side of intermission. Best wishes!

Class A is very vital in recruiting and, I think, motivation for the A corps. Would you rather be known as Class A Champion or "throw down" thir/four/fifteenth place? Champion, second or third sounds a hell of a lot better to me and potential members as well.

Good points, Cathie.

Class A was created (starting in 1997) for some very good reasons.

• Like 2

Any line up (including random draw) is fair for prelims..... but to reward the year's body of work, why not take the 19 corps in reverse order of scores, mixing "A" and "Open" and breaking them into 6-7-6 since there will probably be an opening to extend the length of the first session of 6 and a closing to extend to final session of 6?

I also like grouping in fours and then drawing among each four.... it keeps the entire show in "relative" order of seeding without suggesting judges just keep adding points to each corps that follow the previous....

Once final order is determined, there is still room for swapping final outcome, as seen last year.... DCA is perfect size for getting it right by the judges...... they are fantastic !

Joe

Good points, Cathie.

Class A was created (starting in 1997) for some very good reasons.

and still apply. And some corps ( aka Govies) never intend to go Open.

• Like 2

while it would make sense to have Kilties with the rest of open, for show pacing reasons ( aka breaks), it makes sense.

But I did predict once released people would #####, and lo and behold I was right

Edited by Jeff Ream

But I did predict once released people would #####, and lo and behold I was right

Are people really #####ing, or merely $@%&*ing?

DCA has posted the line-up, as follows:

10:00 a.m. -- Cincinnati Tradition (A/71.25)

10:17 a.m. -- Excelsior (A/71.85)

10:34 a.m. -- Sun Devils (A/81.10)

10:51 a.m. -- Governaires (A/83.25)

11:08 a.m. -- White Sabers (A/84.60)

11:25 a.m. -- Kilties (O/72.50)

11:42 a.m. Intermission

12:07 p.m. -- Skyliners (O/74.10)

12:24 p.m. -- Alliance (O/79.35)

12:41 p.m. -- Windsor Regiment (O/79.75)

12:58 p.m. -- Carolina Gold (O/83.00)

1:15 p.m. -- Sunrisers (O/83.50)

1:32 p.m. -- Hurricanes (O/83.75)

1:49 p.m. -- AtlantaCV (O/88.60)

2:06 p.m. Intermission

2:31 p.m. -- Cadets2 (O/89.35)

2:48 p.m. -- Bushwackers (O/90.10)

3:05 p.m. -- Fusion Core (O/92.35)

3:22 p.m. -- Minnesota Brass (O/92.35)

3:39 p.m. -- Buccaneers (O/93.70)

3:56 p.m. -- Caballeros (O/94.25)

The schedule on DCA's site has been fixed and matches what I assumed above.

Are people really ########, or merely $@%&*ing?

i've been searching amazon for a Jeff Ream to english dictionary, but can't seem to locate one. bah! Whats the difference between ##### and ######?