Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Mala Sal,

Besides looking at the website so listed, you have to understand the stress those Bostonians and Taxachusetts are presently undah..

The train lines and T are no longer running to Hyde Park due to the ice, the anticipated floods, and the ticker tape from the Pats parade littering the tracks.

Then there is the age old discussion/debate deciphering what and where the H is added in the pronunciation of corps names and their directors. The Bahstonians say it as Gahfield, Santer Clarah, Joisey Serf, and Phhhhhhhhhantom etc.

Add this to the conundrum that DCI history books already have about the town near the stadium where the Patriots play and where DCI world championships have been held twice previously.

For one championships, all the DCI publicity pivoted off Providence, Rhode Island; for the other it pivoted off Beantown. Same lot for stadium!!!

When they finally figure out why Dorchester, Mass. (said as a triplet, allide first syllable with the third; Dore-chess-tur) is said differently from Worchester, Mass. (said as two syllables, like the town in Ohio, Wooster; Mass-ites say Wuhstah) then all will be right with the world, the snow will have ended, and tickets will be sold.

Dorchester.................................3 syllables, emphazied "r"

Worchester ................................2 syllables, "r" not said at all.

When you have figured that all out, the Indianapolis front office wants you to tackle "Newark" so that judges don't end up at the wrong site.

Newark, Del. (New ARk)

Newark, Ohio (Nerk)

Newark, NJ (No work)

Good luck!!! (Your drill charts will seem easy after all that.)

Where do the "Troopahs from Caspah" fit into all of this?

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

As one who spent his first five years in an apartment on Neponset Ave. next to the now McHoul Family Funeral Home and attended kindergarten at the Roachambeau Elementary School on Gibson st. (before moving to 340 Hancock St. in Braintree) I believe Dot Ave ended with a tar pronunciation, not tur. But, we moved in 52 so I may be out of the accent loop. Never did get to bowl at the Lucky Strike.

As one who spent his first five years in an apartment on Neponset Ave. next to the now McHoul Family Funeral Home and attended kindergarten at the Roachambeau Elementary School on Gibson st. (before moving to 340 Hancock St. in Braintree) I believe Dot Ave ended with a tar pronunciation, not tur. But, we moved in 52 so I may be out of the accent loop. Never did get to bowl at the Lucky Strike.

Not really germaine...but isn't the pronunciation for Braintree "Brantree"...not "Brayntree"? (Only picked that up because my mom's paternal lineage hails originally from Braintree ca. 1691).

Wow, that's even prior to Sam Adams (the first one.)

Many things change after the first Sam Adams...and even more so after the fourth or fifth. :silly::silly::silly:

Edited by HornTeacher

They have been visiting the Metro Boston area since the mid 60's. Possibly more visits than any othar corps West of the Miss. Rivar.

Did you catch last year's show in Lynn, Ghost? I've watched the post-show "encore" with the Troopers, Crusaders, and Madison. Pretty darned tasty. "Conquest" was a bit of a mess at times, but all things being considered...I wish like h### I had been there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PlQ3AXY3Ig

Edited by HornTeacher

Did you catch last year's show in Lynn, Ghost?

Didn't make it back East last year. But, after finishing up a SB tournament June 7th in Flagstaff, we will continue on to MA for about six weeks. The hardest portion will be my wife having to take care of two dogs (which she enjoys) either in the hotel or while at the ball field (which she does not enjoy). Since this will be the last major anniversary for those of us over 60, I've been given the OK to do the Spring Fling, gala, Tanglewood, and volunteer from around July 30th through finals night. Hope to finally make it to A-town. Last roundup.