Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Aren't the majority of the autos so jerry-rigged that in the end they aren't really worth salvaging?

(Still not sure if correct term is "jury-rigged" or "jerry-rigged.")

In the right hands, those cars will be brought back to show room quality and many might end up at the big auto auctions.

I think it is very impressive what they do with what they have to work with. That said, those cars probably wouldn't pass our emissions requirements. In other words, Cuban free ingenuity would be squelched by American sociali...hey wait a minute.

I agree. Some of the fixes are great.

I'm not sure what the emissions requirements are for classic/antique cars being imported into the U.S. I would think they are different than had someone found the same type of car in a barn in the U.S. and wanted to restore it.

In the right hands, those cars will be brought back to show room quality and many might end up at the big auto auctions.

I'm sure there are some high quality Ladas amongst the cars there......

Did I just put "high quality" and "Lada" in the same sentence? Silly me.

• Like 1

Somewhere in there is Boston Crusaders' newest member for winter 2015. Birth certificate pending...

eissjp3ccgefavw30gfu.jpg

The snow is getting old up here, so in my opinion, he's already aged out!

• Like 2

The snow is getting old up here, so in my opinion, he's already aged out!

Having started refereeing several sports in the late 70's I can only imagine how the AD's, HS and youth coaches will be scrambling beginning in late March to re-schedule all the games do to wet fields. And this is before any Spring rains show up. Not every school/town/city has turf fields.

I can't believe this of the Brahmins. You must mean Southies...

There may be a few Brahmins in Beacon Hill, but most are in Wellesley or Weston, most of Southie bolted to Weymouth, and Southie is pretty much gentrified, so the excess alcohol would be fine wines and craft beer, although at this point they might be drinking anything. I had to drive into Boston yesterday, and I was ready to drink anything. All things considering they've done a great job with the snow, but you still take your life in your hands driving and walking. I should have taken the "T," oh wait, I couldn't. I was seeing "Red" and thought I was in "Animal Farm." With the snow banks and crazy drivers, I thought I was on my way to "Thy Kingdom Come." In order to survive and "Rise" I would have needed the help of some "Titans."

• Like 2

There may be a few Brahmins in Beacon Hill, but most are in Wellesley or Weston, most of Southie bolted to Weymouth, and Southie is pretty much gentrified, so the excess alcohol would be fine wines and craft beer, although at this point they might be drinking anything

In the early 90's, Charlestown was the place to buy a condo. Shortly before our Daughter bought her first home, a condo, Southie was the new buy area. We were amazed the day we went around with her to see all the conversions from three deckers to condos in SB. But, Southie is still Southie. She bought a first floor (cheaper) 2BR and before moving in, her appliances were stolen.

Am I correct that tickets for the July 2nd show at Gillette are still not available? If so, when wil they be available? If not, who do I call to order from?

Thanks in advance!

Mala Sal,

Besides looking at the website so listed, you have to understand the stress those Bostonians and Taxachusetts are presently undah..

The train lines and T are no longer running to Hyde Park due to the ice, the anticipated floods, and the ticker tape from the Pats parade littering the tracks.

Then there is the age old discussion/debate deciphering what and where the H is added in the pronunciation of corps names and their directors. The Bahstonians say it as Gahfield, Santer Clarah, Joisey Serf, and Phhhhhhhhhantom etc.

Add this to the conundrum that DCI history books already have about the town near the stadium where the Patriots play and where DCI world championships have been held twice previously.

For one championships, all the DCI publicity pivoted off Providence, Rhode Island; for the other it pivoted off Beantown. Same lot for stadium!!!

When they finally figure out why Dorchester, Mass. (said as a triplet, allide first syllable with the third; Dore-chess-tur) is said differently from Worchester, Mass. (said as two syllables, like the town in Ohio, Wooster; Mass-ites say Wuhstah) then all will be right with the world, the snow will have ended, and tickets will be sold.

Dorchester.................................3 syllables, emphazied "r"

Worchester ................................2 syllables, "r" not said at all.

When you have figured that all out, the Indianapolis front office wants you to tackle "Newark" so that judges don't end up at the wrong site.

Newark, Del. (New ARk)

Newark, Ohio (Nerk)

Newark, NJ (No work)

Good luck!!! (Your drill charts will seem easy after all that.)

Edited by xandandl