Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Yes, and Cuba has beaches just a few miles south of Key West, Florida's beaches too Ghost. But " Milton " is not " Boston " , and Key West is not Havana,.. you know ?

Speaking of Havana. I'm very interested in learning how all these folks (mostly guys) are going to throw money at all the owners of antique American autos down there. What politician's will receive the brown envelopes to pull the strings to get these transactions done. Wonder if our AF can earn some extra cash by transporting these cars back to the states. Private RORO ships are probably the way to go.

" Milton " is not " Boston "

Oh lord yes...

One thing that continually amazed me when I lived in Boston is how compact that which is considered "Boston" is and how different the feel can be from that which is not considered "Boston." Then also the very distinct feels that various neighborhoods could have Allston is not Brookline is not Roxbury is not Jamaica Plain etc.

I lived in Watertown and would use "Watertown" for where I lived locally. But for folks outside of Boston, "I live in Boston" was the only thing that made sense to them.

Yes, and the " New York Giants " aren't from " New York " at all. They're from New " Joisey ". So go figure.

And yes, when talking to folks unfamiliar with Boston, when talking to them, if you live within say a radius of 50 miles of the City of Boston, its best to say you are from " Boston ", instead of a City or Town outside the city limits that perhaps they might not have heard of. I'd imagine this would be true of anyone living just outside the city limits of any major city in the world.

On the other hand, if you are Brian Williams you just might as well tell that person you reside on the Moon... as it won't really matter any more now will it ?

Edited by BRASSO

Check out on (BAC FB) fleet operations digging out the trailers. (In 50' mounds of snow).

Speaking of Havana. I'm very interested in learning how all these folks (mostly guys) are going to throw money at all the owners of antique American autos down there. What politician's will receive the brown envelopes to pull the strings to get these transactions done. Wonder if our AF can earn some extra cash by transporting these cars back to the states. Private RORO ships are probably the way to go.

Of course, give Thompson the challenge and you might just have another fund raising opportunity there for the corps; those camps in Orlando would provide good cover...

But of course, South Beach in this situation would be north. No more complicated than guard instructors yelling to the corps stage right, stage left while the rest of the drum corps world refers to side one and side two.

Edited by xandandl

Oh lord yes...

One thing that continually amazed me when I lived in Boston is how compact that which is considered "Boston" is and how different the feel can be from that which is not considered "Boston." Then also the very distinct feels that various neighborhoods could have Allston is not Brookline is not Roxbury is not Jamaica Plain etc.

I lived in Watertown and would use "Watertown" for where I lived locally. But for folks outside of Boston, "I live in Boston" was the only thing that made sense to them.

And Boston has its own version of the Berlin Wall (can you say Rt. 128 at rush hour?) which is more extensive than the Great Wall of China for it stretches from Cape Ann to the Irish Riviera beginning in Quincy.

Speaking of Havana. I'm very interested in learning how all these folks (mostly guys) are going to throw money at all the owners of antique American autos down there.

Aren't the majority of the autos so jerry-rigged that in the end they aren't really worth salvaging?

(Still not sure if correct term is "jury-rigged" or "jerry-rigged.")

Aren't the majority of the autos so jerry-rigged that in the end they aren't really worth salvaging?

(Still not sure if correct term is "jury-rigged" or "jerry-rigged.")

I think it is very impressive what they do with what they have to work with. That said, those cars probably wouldn't pass our emissions requirements. In other words, Cuban free ingenuity would be squelched by American sociali...hey wait a minute.