IRS complaint filed against DCI?

Who is this John T Blair guy anyway? Mr. Atchinson doesn't owe him any answers whatsoever.

You are correct... as Mr. Atchinson probably doesn't even appreciate people dragging him into something he's not involved with in the first place.

Speaking of which, who is this Mr. Atchinson guy anyway that we are forming opinions on today ? I don't know much at all regarding either Blair or Atchinson. But perhaps several others do here and can enlighten us on who these 2 are and understand better the motivations and the substance here with any of this. I never heard of either one of these guys until I read it on DCP today on Blair and " Atchinson ". Whats either of their backgrounds, ?.... and does either of these backgrounds make the complaints illegitimate or legitimate simply by virtue of " their backgrounds ". ? If so, I did not know that we judge people by " their backgrounds ", instead of the substance or the lack of substance of the complaints themselves, and thats usually determined after a complete look by the proper authorities given the responsibility oversight to look into things such as this and determine if ithe complaints are essentially nonsense, or has some merit. Right now, we have people like you forming opinions on a complaint and you can't even get the principals names right, before forming an opinion one way or the other.

Edited by BRASSO

While the point may be valid, your analogy isn't.

Unlike Michael Cesario, Michael Jordan does not have any say on the NBA rules, does not suggest ref ( judge hires ), does not provide annual commentary of the competition, and other hands on activities as does Michael Cesario does with DCI. Michael Jordan, as a retiree - consultant, does not have nearly the active input on judging, rules, competition, shows, etc as Michael Cesario does currently in DCI.

Also, I'm not sure how people on either side of this Blair- Acheson flare up can take a concrete position on the validity, or lack therof of such complaints, when so little is known at present regarding the complaints validity, nor the motivations behind the complaints itself. These allegations of potential wrongdoing might be a pig in a poke, or have legitiimacy in some areas. But nobody really knows this at the present time. Too often in todays world, there is a rush to judgement, or a dismissal of complaints out of hand, without in either case we have the total facts. But... it is what it is, and so people oftentimes form judgements prematurely, and I suppose its their right to do so as well. And we see this here in this case already from reading some of the DCP comments already on this.

The nature of his allegations is very clear in the wording he used in his filing.

Applying snap validity is potentially equally as damaging as applying snap conclusions.

• Like 3

You are correct... as Mr. Atchinson probably doesn't even appreciate people dragging him into something he's not involved with in the first place.

Speaking of which, who is this Mr. Atchinson guy anyway that we are forming opinions on today ? I don't know much at all regarding either Blair or Atchinson. But perhaps several others do here and can enlighten us on who these 2 are and understand better the motivations and the substance here with any of this. I never heard of either one of these guys until I read it on DCP today on Blair and " Atchinson ". Whats either of their backgrounds, ?.... and does either of these backgrounds make the complaints illegitimate or legitimate simply by virtue of " their backgrounds ". ? If so, I did not know that we judge people by " their backgrounds ", instead of the substance or the lack of substance of the complaints themselves, and thats usually determined after a complete look by the proper authorities given the responsibility oversight to look into things such as this and determine if ithe complaints are essentially nonsense, or has some merit. Right now, we have people like you forming opinions on a complaint and you can't even get the principals names right, before forming an opinion one way or the other.

In the interest of preventing another thread Off-Topic train wreck, Brasso's sarcasm is duly noted.

• Like 1

Can we all just wait to find out if these complaints to the IRS by this person... and posted by Jeff Ream yesterday on DCP.... are legit complaints of wrongdoing by DCI or just a bunch of illegitimate complaints that have no merit whatsover ? Is that too much to ask here ? Or should we believe already that his omplaints are valid, and DCI is in violation of IRS Rules and Regs ?..... or conversely, form an opinion already that this guy's complaints are meritless, and that the actions of DCI are beyond reproach ? I think we all should just wait a bit more to see how this all plays out with the IRS... But then again, who knows, maybe its just me taking this wait and see position on DCP right now, and I 'm in the minority on what we should do now that we've just heard this surface.

While the point may be valid, your analogy isn't.

Unlike Michael Cesario, Michael Jordan does not have any say on the NBA rules, does not suggest ref ( judge hires ), does not provide annual commentary of the competition, and other hands on activities as does Michael Cesario does with DCI. Michael Jordan, as a retiree - consultant, does not have nearly the active input on judging, rules, competition, shows, etc as Michael Cesario does currently in DCI.

Also, I'm not sure how people on either side of this Blair- Acheson flare up can take a concrete position on the validity, or lack therof of such complaints, when so little is known at present regarding the complaints validity, nor the motivations behind the complaints itself. These allegations of potential wrongdoing might be a pig in a poke, or have legitiimacy in some areas. But nobody really knows this at the present time. Too often in todays world, there is a rush to judgement, or a dismissal of complaints out of hand, without in either case we have the total facts. But... it is what it is, and so people oftentimes form judgements prematurely, and I suppose its their right to do so as well. And we see this here in this case already from reading some of the DCP comments already on this.

Doesn't Michael Jordan have part ownership of a team? If so he has influence on rules, hires etc

So what's going on in here?

A quick read tells me that Michael Jordan has taken over the IRS to complain to Acheson about Tony Blair trying to ruin the activity with Britsh Corps in huge 90s.

Eh....close enough since it makes about as much sense as the actual complaint.

• Like 2

Doesn't Michael Jordan have part ownership of a team? If so he has influence on rules, hires etc

Yes, Jordan does have ownership interest in the Charlotte Hornets. So I suppose it could be said he has " influence on rules, hires, etc ". Fair point, and so noted.

So what's going on in here?

A quick read tells me that Michael Jordan has taken over the IRS to complain to Acheson about Tony Blair trying to ruin the activity with Britsh Corps in huge 90s.

Mr. Atchinson is probably as perplexed on all this as those " Britsh Corps" too.

Edited by BRASSO

Donald Gratwood, another crazy in that group, thinks that there aren't any drum corps that are inclusive to all children reguardless of skill or financial status.... Hey Donald! It's called high school marching band now and there are more marching bands in America than there ever were drum corps!

Well, see what Tim K said, but also: all drum corps are marching bands but not all marching bands are drum corps. So Mr. Gratwood, at least as you have paraphrased him here, is correct.

Also, I'm not sure how people on either side of this Blair-Acheson flare up can take a concrete position on the validity, or lack thereof, of such complaints, when so little is known at present regarding the complaints' validity, nor the motivations behind the complaints itself. These allegations of potential wrongdoing might be a pig in a poke, or have legitiimacy in some areas. But nobody really knows this at the present time. Too often in todays world, there is a rush to judgement, or a dismissal of complaints out of hand, without in either case we have the total facts.

Well, we have read the complaints, and some of us do in fact know that, for instance, Blair has no more right to know the details of how much DCI's employees are paid than he has a right to know how much you or I are paid. I don't begrudge him his interest--I'm curious about these things too--just his misplaced indignation.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2