Where does the Regiment go from here?

A tribute to the greatest band to ever come out of Rockford, Illinois.

The Music of Cheap Trick

Interesting concept. The show could be called "Unity" because it would unite old school fans and those who love contemporary drum corps in a Spartacus like revolt against those who took away PR's great classical arrangements with those who do not survive the end of the show not being a marching member but the show designer and musical arrangers.

Now, "I Want You to Want Me" is going to be in my head all day. It's sophomore year in high school all over again.

Uh, '87 SCV would immediately come to mind.

The "Russian Years" were some of Gail Royer's best days. And the corps'.

You are undoubtedly correct in your mention of '87 SCV. I, in my defense, would submit that that was also 27 years ago.

Edited: Too quick to admit defeat based on my own insecurity. SCV '87 employed "Russian Easter Overture" for a total of approximately 35 seconds, comprised only of bells, cymbals, and a single plaintive solo melody in minor. At approximately the 36 second mark, they moved directly into Alfred Reed's "Russian Christmas Music."

The average performance time of the entire Russian Easter Overture is about 14 and a half minutes. Some, obviously would have to be cut. However, an almost complete rendering of the piece would certainly be possible on the field. And the emotional nature of Russian music being what it is, the potential for expression, staging, effect, artistry, and imagination would be limitless. An almost complete "stage" musical work being done on the field?? Wow...it's sending my mind spinning even now. (Or maybe that's just the general lack of oxygen to my brain...)

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

Brahms Academic Festival Overture.

Start to finish, with no breaks.

And WHAT A FINISH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1E6FBi-AJw

Imagine a section with the guard dressed as nuns chasing the battery around with rulers!

• Like 1

Imagine a section with the guard dressed as nuns chasing the battery around with rulers!

Classsss....Claaaasssss...SHUT UP!!!!!!! Thank you.... :silly:

Interesting concept. The show could be called "Unity" because it would unite old school fans and those who love contemporary drum corps in a Spartacus like revolt against those who took away PR's great classical arrangements with those who do not survive the end of the show not being a marching member but the show designer and musical arrangers.

Now, "I Want You to Want Me" is going to be in my head all day. It's sophomore year in high school all over again.

Minus the adolescent groping and steamed-up windows, of course. :ph34r:

Edited by HornTeacher

"Symphonie Fantastique" or bust!

Yes...I would be very happy with a redo of this,,,'85 musically was amazing (for me)..

Nevsky Nevsky Nevsky (just the music, minus the story)

But I agree - I think they need to back away from obvious "storytelling" shows and re-engage with a less literal program. And while Phantom is kind of locked into their genre... my goodness, most of recorded music fits into it.

Mike