Cadets 2015

wallace, on 04 Aug 2015 - 9:36 PM, said:snapback.png

Ten out of ten people thinks a show about Stalin would suck.

And who exactly is asking for a show about Stalin? Channel3?

(snip)

Maybe it's because of my tilted sense of humor, I think Mr. Wallace was having a bit of wordplay using the Power of TEN in his comment (get it? Ten? Cadets?) and referring to the fact that Shosty 10 is a piece written about the darkness of the Stalin regime in Russia.

As usual, I've probably overthunk this and read too much into something. :drool:

• Like 1

Last time I'm going to say it Maneuvah. This show is a TEN without anyone foisting ill-conceived biases upon it. Rather than grumbling and crying in angst out to the heavens why don't you sit back with your favorite beverage and enjoy all the great things happening on the field? Just the drill staging alone is astounding! The brass is fantastic! The percussion is killer! The marching is spectacular! FRENCH HORNS! All the things we love about the Cadets is there to behold. They've pulled out all the stops for us. It's a rollercoaster, baby!

I'll say it! A judge that downgrades a show over a creative choice shouldn't be a judge. Judge what's on the field. And what the Cadets have put on the field is BETTER than any design out there this season.

Edited by wallace
  • Like 3

It's interesting, to me at least, that we constantly see complaints about how electronics are ruining the "live performance" aspect of Drum Corps or that body movement is taking away from actual marching... and then we get the opposite spectrum of people who couldn't care less about the people holding the horns and drums and instead can only focus their eyes on the guard, the staging, the story, and theme/message.

Very different perceptions of what Drum Corps is. I'm sure we can all find a happy medium in there somewhere (please...).

• Like 2

I don't mind body movement. It's the rolling around on the field that needs to meet a gruesome death.

• Like 2

I guess there will be all those trolls from other forums coming by to express their opinion about the Cadets that no one here really cares what they think. I am going out to the store to buy a few extra bags of "Troll Food" so I don't run out. Nothing worse that a bunch of hungry trolls. :muahaha::bleah::wacko:

• Like 2

Last time I'm going to say it Maneuvah. This show is a TEN without anyone foisting ill-conceived biases upon it.

(respectful snip, I just wanted to reference the post)

I agree with you Mr. Wallace, and I think most of the good people posting here get it.

This video is Mr. Hopkins from the Dec 2014 camp explaining the concept of the Power of Ten show. Anyone who watches the video and still doesn't get it, then they are arguing for arguing sake, and just don't want to get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRB5mjocF0s&feature=youtu.be

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Anyone else think that the title "The power of ten" is a nod to the fact the corps has won ten championships? Kind of like a little jab at the judges, "yeah we know what we're doin, we know it's a monster of a show, this winning thing has been done before." Sorry if this has been mentioned before, didn't feel liked digging 500+ pages.

Anyone else think that the title "The power of ten" is a nod to the fact the corps has won ten championships? Kind of like a little jab at the judges, "yeah we know what we're doin, we know it's a monster of a show, this winning thing has been done before." Sorry if this has been mentioned before, didn't feel liked digging 500+ pages.

You're like the umpteenth person who has made that false statement and time and time again this season, it's been stated that is NOT The Cadets' intention. The post directly above yours has the link that states the intent of the show.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

You're like the umpteenth person who has made that false statement and time and time again this season, it's been stated that is NOT The Cadets' intention. The post directly above yours has the link that states the intent of the show.

But at least we have over 500 pages for someone to dig through. :)