Cadets 2015

Eh, I still think 2013 was a masterclass in music arranging. This show, not so much. 2013 impressed me because of the power of the corps + the arranging. This show simply impresses me because of the power of the corps. Maybe I'll change my mind later in the season, but as of now, I'm just appreciating the technical skill of this corps more than anything. Musicality wise (the emotion, the flow), I think this show/corps is missing that.

This. I love the 2013 show. I've just about worn out the Blu Ray at this point.

This. I love the 2013 show. I've just about worn out the Blu Ray at this point.

I didn't think 2013 was up to Cadets' standards. Neither the drill nor the music was tough enough in my opinion. And I hated the ending.

Watched it again this morning...............okay. Must be the coffee or something, I'm digging it a lot more. Watched a little more closely, the morphing Xs are really cool.

Also elaborating on my recent comment, I just get the sense there's a little more sparkle to be added, that's all. This is the most Cadets like ending that they've had in years. CANNOT WAIT to see that Sacktig drill on a high camera.

• Like 1

I didn't think 2013 was up to Cadets' standards. Neither the drill nor the music was tough enough in my opinion. And I hated the ending.

Different strokes.

Watched it again this morning...............okay. Must be the coffee or something, I'm digging it a lot more. Watched a little more closely, the morphing Xs are really cool.

Also elaborating on my recent comment, I just get the sense there's a little more sparkle to be added, that's all. This is the most Cadets like ending that they've had in years. CANNOT WAIT to see that Sacktig drill on a high camera.

Yeah and they are playing the crap out of that opener.

Different strokes.

Yeah. Not saying you shouldn't like it. Just saying I didn't like it. Still a good show regardless.

• Like 1

I think 2013 was solid musically but the soft ending wasn't optimal for me.

I think 2013 was solid musically but the soft ending wasn't optimal for me.

They performed the hell out that show though. As for this year, every time I watch this show I get excited to the point I wanna almost march again.........almost....

Yeah I like everything up until that last statement.

Surely the BD-like push toward the stands is not final...

I get it. Clean that part first, then later on, add more.

If that's what's going on, I'll observe that they're doing a VERY good job this season so far in pacing themselves with what they want to do. We're all very impatient and DO IT NOW!, but as Tekk reminds us, this crew has slipped up before but they've also given us some of the greatest shows of the last 20 years.