Cadets 2015

welcome aboard - plenty of room for all!

WOO WOO !!! All aboard!! :thumbup:

I'm curious about what you guys thought about Cadets 2000 guard.

I'm just the negative guy, remember?

:-)

That show was entertaining but some of the transitions were pretty terrible. The transition to start the drum break was pretty rough. Some of the guard transitions were pretty rough. Etc.

I think they were given some serious nods for how entertaining the show was, and for the fact it had to do with the millenia.

Also, much like my 98 comment, when I watch this show I ignore the hero(s).

I'm just the negative guy, remember?

:-)

That show was entertaining but some of the transitions were pretty terrible. The transition to start the drum break was pretty rough. Some of the guard transitions were pretty rough. Etc.

I think they were given some serious nods for how entertaining the show was, and for the fact it had to do with the millenia.

Also, much like my 98 comment, when I watch this show I ignore the hero(s).

What's that mean?

I'm curious about what you guys thought about Cadets 2000 guard.

on fleek

(mostly)

What's that mean?

Those two shows, on finals night (way moreso than the rest of the season), a few individuals in the hornlines decided to give more than their all. 98 mello section, 2000 trumpet section.

It wasn't really like that for the season, that I can remember, they were just things that happened on those nights. I can listen to it with perspective and remember the hornlines for how they actually were.

Other times this has happened would be 2000 Cavaliers, where they overhyped the hell out of the finals run and a tuba player in the 2003 Phantom Regiment show who plays so loud at times it sounds like wrong notes. All anomalies compared to the rest of the season.

Those two shows, on finals night (way moreso than the rest of the season), a few individuals in the hornlines decided to give more than their all. 98 mello section, 2000 trumpet section.

It wasn't really like that for the season, that I can remember, they were just things that happened on those nights. I can listen to it with perspective and remember the hornlines for how they actually were.

Other times this has happened would be 2000 Cavaliers, where they overhyped the hell out of the finals run and a tuba player in the 2003 Phantom Regiment show who plays so loud at times it sounds like wrong notes. All anomalies compared to the rest of the season.

lol who DO you like?

Lol so many problems. Not enough solutions. Define "forward thinking"? And I didn't know humans could predict the future.

Sure - A forward thinking approach to guard means expressing musical dynamics in different ways than what has been established (Like tossing a 6 on a major chord etc...). BD is a master at this as they continually surprise with their "forward thinking" approach to musicality - it's unexpected and brings the writing and performance to another level.

Cadets guard hasen't done this since 2005 when they did that absolutely awesome left side / right side mirror equipment work in the ballad to simulate a chess game - that was forward thinking.

Later,

Mike

• Like 2

Oh yeah, you're right. I remember that.

So much to say. Such a small audience.