Cadets 2015

Yes. Honestly, Cadets are stronger when they come out with a loaded show and have to hose versus coming out clean and I peaking early (2014). I'm not uncomfortable where they are now. There's enough cleaning to be done for them to grow and I suspect they are done with BIG changes.

#doublenegative

ten point penalty (yes, ten!)

I had to read this 3 times lol

As far as the topic at hand, Cadets are FILTHY. That bodes well

Yes - I'm saying filthy. The poor trumpet player in the opener with the shako hanging off their head last night due to several collisions - they couldn't wait until they had a stop set to fix it

G.

Bravo to the Cadets. Knew they'd overtake BD at this show. They're really coming into good form, and their hornline is OUTSTANDING. I wouldn't mind if this show took it all, this is drum corps at its finest.

• Like 1

#doublenegative

Yes - I'm saying filthy. The poor trumpet player in the opener with the shako hanging off their head last night due to several collisions - they couldn't wait until they had a stop set to fix it

G.

It's an intentional double negative. I do it with my staff so they must pay attention when I speak.

I'm comfortable where the Cadets are. They clean feet very well and don't require any major changes in a very well designed show IMO, I think percussion slipped a bit with new ending and all the new guard work the past few days may have resulted in less attention to front of show cleaning. Ballad also has new flag work.

Edited by Tobias

#doublenegative

G.

Lol you said the same thing in the other thread and I made the same reply to you in the other thread. They are not "filthy". Stop exaggerating.

• Like 1

It's an intentional double negative. I do it with my staff so they must pay attention when I speak.

I'm comfortable where the Cadets are. They clean feet very well and don't require any major changes in a very well designed show IMO, I think percussion slipped a bit with new ending and all the new guard work the past few days may have resulted in less attention to front if show cleaning. Ballad also has new flag work.

Is it me, or are those new flags in the waltz larger than normal?

• Like 1

Is it me, or are those new flags in the waltz larger than normal?

The new flags with the printed numbers may be larger. Now the corresponding flag wave as the voice over calls a specific number. Nice little detail. Not sure if it's seen up top BUT it's those small details of layering that make a show wonderful.
  • Like 1

The new flags with the printed numbers may be larger. Now the corresponding flag wave as the voice over calls a specific number. Nice little detail. Not sure if it's seen up top BUT it's those small details of layering that make a show wonderful.

Well, I'm glad Cadets guard has a lot of work that CAN be watered down. Too many times in the past few years, they've had work that seemed to easy, and this from a guy who knows absolutely nothing about how to twirl a flag.

Lol you said the same thing in the other thread and I made the same reply to you in the other thread. They are not "filthy". Stop exaggerating.

Wait...what's that smell?? Oh just cadets dirty feet !!! :poke:

Well, I'm glad Cadets guard has a lot of work that CAN be watered down. Too many times in the past few years, they've had work that seemed to easy, and this from a guy who knows absolutely nothing about how to twirl a flag.

Jeff has them moving as much as the corps proper. Add the guard book is loaded with equipment work and body spins and toss, tumble on ground and catch, it's too much. Mary design for guard prevails. Watch BD guard. Flag tosses while in a stationary formation, similar to the brass (park n bark) concept. They do some really hard stuff (rifle exchange on ladders) but very limited and then followed by very cleanable stuff.

Wait...what's that smell?? Oh just cadets dirty feet !!! :poke:

Oh yeah. They're definitely dirty...on July 12th. They'll clean it up.