Cadets 2015

Initially when I saw it, I thought the same thing. But after watching it a few times and listening to the crowd's reaction to it, I think it adds to the show because of what's going on previous to it. There's nothing but chaos in the drill preceding it and then they resolve into that form. Looks the the crowd is eating it up though from the shows I've been seeing online.

I should have clarified. The set itself is great. Perfectly timed and the crowd is definitely feeling it. It's just the actual squatting I think is unnecessary.

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 1

This show is growing on me. Just listened to one of the Youtube recordings of a relatively recent run through, and found myself appreciating it more than I had at the cinema, live in Akron, or on the Warrensburg feed. Still not sold on the theme and wish it would be downplayed, but I'm getting to the point where I can look past it--as I did also with "Li'l Geoffrey" in 2010. That said, 2013 for now remains my favorite Cadets show of recent years (although I would still have had it in third that year, behind Crown and SCV but ahead of BD).

2010 was a shame from the standpoint of the Geoffrey character. The kid was great, but I thought that role could have been less comical and I wanted to see more of a Toy soldier effect, a la Nutcracker. The music they played in 2010 was just wonderful. Procession of the Nobles, Barber's Adagio for Strings, Dance of the Tumblers, etc., I just loved the music book.

Musically and visually, 2013 is FANTASTIC and one heck of a music ensemble.

But I think 2015 is even better.

Initially when I saw it, I thought the same thing. But after watching it a few times and listening to the crowd's reaction to it, I think it adds to the show because of what's going on previous to it. There's nothing but chaos in the drill preceding it and then they resolve into that form. Looks the the crowd is eating it up though from the shows I've been seeing online.

Agreed. It's the resolution of the TEN concept after 10 minutes of almost a non stop frenzy of Cadetness.
  • Like 2

HAHAHAHA I bet no one can find me. It's like "where's Waldo".

with the Boston Crusaders!

now onto a few days at Broken Arrow, OK...who know a few things about marching arts excellence.

(Wow, that's two separate trips for Cadets to OK in one week. Hopkins may be in search of his own oil well.)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I should have clarified. The set itself is great. Perfectly timed and the crowd is definitely feeling it. It's just the actual squatting I think is unnecessary.

Of course I adore the Cadet uniform but it doesn't always have the same effect as other groups so sometimes the body movements accentuate an effect,
  • Like 1

Ahh I see what you mean. I think they did that to accentuate those three notes they play at the hold. But I get what you're saying.

11728724_10153584896501349_4477005936453

I

It's those Texas burritos, I tell ya...

Edited by xandandl