Audition: Phantom or Cavies

The most diligent reading of this thread and the wonderfully informative posts of assistant tour manager JoePaul and assistant director Chris Lugo, both of the Cavaliers, seem to have brought some results which may not make our young auditioner's choice any easier. For today the Cavaliers have officially posted that they have added to their brass staff, the wonderful 2013 Regiment age-out and trumpet player, MISS Tate Herrmann. (http://cavaliers.org/cavaliers/staff/brass/tate-herrmann)

When she did her degree recital she closed with an ensemble of Regiment members and alums who played several Regiment pieces from seasons recent and past.

She will at least make Cavies' brass sectionals rather appealing...

The bus "wallpaper" may need to be changed, however...

The most diligent reading of this thread and the wonderfully informative posts of assistant tour manager JoePaul and assistant director Chris Lugo, both of the Cavaliers, seem to have brought some results which may not make our young auditioner's choice any easier. For today the Cavaliers have officially posted that they have added to their brass staff, the wonderful 2013 Regiment age-out and trumpet player, MISS Tate Herrmann. (http://cavaliers.org/cavaliers/staff/brass/tate-herrmann)

When she did her degree recital she closed with an ensemble of Regiment members and alums who played several Regiment pieces from seasons recent and past.

She will at least make Cavies' brass sectionals rather appealing...

The bus "wallpaper" may need to be changed, however...

I'm hoping your inference as to her "appeal" is that she's a talented addition to the Cavie's brass staff.

• Like 1

Actually, Chaos, anything but.

The Cavaliers have had a tradition of the members papering the walls of the busses with photos of the other half for many years. For some the tour is too, too long.

Recently there has been a move to consider the place of women in a more respectful way.

Her addition to the staff will only edify the stature women rightly hold in our society.

That's all.

The one caution I have about joining Phantom is that your spelling goes downhill. They've dropped the letter "F" from the alphabet up in Rockford. No worries though, they've compensated by using "Ph".

Edited by Cavie74
  • Like 3

Cavies - they have the momentum working for them. After a great show last year and vast improvements the past few years, they clearly are moving towards the top 3 again.

Did you really need to ask this question? Cavaliers obviously.

Edited by Anstig

I live in Texas so i have been able to attend a Cavaliers audition camp which i liked, but I would have a difficulty flying out to Rockford to check out Phantom's audition camp. This is one thing that sways me to Cavies a bit. I enjoy the shows they both perform which only makes it more difficult to choose.

I am currently in both Facebook audition groups.

Thank you for all the feedback.

I think a big thing that will affect where i audition will be how rehearsal is ran in each corps, how the members are treated, but (as lame as it may be) I would like to be in an organization where there are also females. Vets, any opinions on all male corps? Do you guys get "tired" of not being around girls?

Just curious. Thanks :laugh::laugh:

I live in Texas so i have been able to attend a Cavaliers audition camp which i liked, but I would have a difficulty flying out to Rockford to check out Phantom's audition camp. This is one thing that sways me to Cavies a bit. I enjoy the shows they both perform which only makes it more difficult to choose.

I am currently in both Facebook audition groups.

Thank you for all the feedback.

I think a big thing that will affect where i audition will be how rehearsal is ran in each corps, how the members are treated, but (as lame as it may be) I would like to be in an organization where there are also females. Vets, any opinions on all male corps? Do you guys get "tired" of not being around girls?

Just curious. Thanks :laugh::laugh:

You can be around girls at shows.

Otherwise, it's a personal choice.

It's a valid concern and people make that work when they march in the all male corps.