Blue Devils erased from Fan Network in 2014

afd

Probably not. You can find a lot with some searching. I listen all the way back to the 70's so it's worth it for my needs.

Thanks for the info on the free stuff. I have always had the full content option, but that is just awesome. They make it look too easy. Like I said, I wish more corps would jump on this idea.

It can't hurt.

Yeah, on the one hand the sheer volume of stuff is impressive but probably not that difficult to create given that the kids themselves produce much of it. Any corps could do that.

The other notable aspect is the professionalism of the production of the "pro" intros and such, and that's clearly an investment that not all corps would see as cost effective. But it's unnecessary. If a kid auditions for three corps and has seen videos of all the key instructors of your corps before even showing up, then that's the corps he/she will feel more connected with.

One factor may be that the process of uploading a video to the website may be show and cost something (a web company may have to be called and will bill for the time). MediaBox is probably an automated system, and the gatekeeper is probably a corps staff member present on tour.

Not sure if getting Mediabox is worth it for me since I don't like any of the pre-2008 BD shows that I've watched/listened to.

Seriously?

Hmmmmm. I thought DCI = Blue Devils, and DCI = All the member corps. Why would Blue Devils secure rights and not have DCI benefit? That would be suspect for sure!

Someone said last year (so you know it's true) that the corps is covered for the play/arrange/perform rights wherever they go, but the synch rights are (or can be) on a per-product basis. So that for example DCI might have to get new synch rights even to re-release some of their own stuff on new products like The Essentials.

If that's true, I wonder what happens when another entity (BD, say) streams the content from FN but via BD's own interface. Are they covered by DCI's license? What if they stream it from their own server, but it's an identical copy of DCI's content? Does DCI incorporate into the license the right of the corps itself to stream the content?

• Like 1

I wish more corps would utilized a media box type item like BD has. It's incredible. Madison has a mobile app similar, but not quite the same level of content.

SCV has started a similar service in the last few years, SCV TV.

Do you mean SCV Backstage? Or is that something different?

Yes, I think that's what they re-named it. I just remember it being called SCV TV when it launched.