Carolina Crown 2015

You have to remember motion can be used to help create effect in the music as well, and also I can see where there will be that moment in the ballad, it just wasn't very clean yet, and as Cappybara said, lacked unity of style. I'm sure in June they will be able to nail it. Once they clean up 2:15 in the first video, they will have quite the jaw dropper.

Relinked for ease of access

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh5ty1YLjAI&feature=youtu.be&t=1m

You have to remember motion can be used to help create effect in the music as well, and also I can see where there will be that moment in the ballad, it just wasn't very clean yet, and as Cappybara said, lacked unity of style. I'm sure in June they will be able to nail it. Once they clean up 2:15 in the first video, they will have quite the jaw dropper.

I thought that would happen with the Major Tom intro that moved to Interstellar Suite and never happened, so I'm not holding my breath.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it actually goes somewhere, but as of now, I am not impressed with that portion of the show.

I thought that would happen with the Major Tom intro that moved to Interstellar Suite and never happened, so I'm not holding my breath.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it actually goes somewhere, but as of now, I am not impressed with that portion of the show.

Nice to see Satan dropped by to check on the show...

5Q9ULYs.png?1

Eww! I would be running in the opposite direction! Is Crown using snakes in the show? Maybe in leiu of sashes?

I've become very familiar with the source music since Crown's announcement (I've listened to everything many many times now) so it's not necessarily unfamiliarity with the source music. I just don't see the ballad going anywhere right now. It's a lot of doom and gloom without any sign of "hope" if I want to describe it metaphorically.

In 2013, Crown used (cheesy) narration to slowly build up to a climax in their ballad which was extremely effective. In 2014, the ballad started out slow and soft with just the solos from numerous players on the field. By the end, they had built up to a climatic moment, giving the ballad a good resolution. What's the difference between this ballad and the past 2 ballads? This years' ballad ends soft. It doesn't end with a large impact. And that is perfectly fine, this wouldn't be the first ballad to end in such a way (bluecoats 2012 comes to mind). But even Bloo 2012 had that moment within the ballad.

I totally understand that not only was this a run through from March, it was also only with the hornline. As the hornline starts to refine the dynamics, unify the style with which they are playing the piece, and in the percussion, the ballad may end up sounding much, much better. But if changes aren't made, the ballad is going to continue to sound bland to me.

I have to agree. I've listened to all the clips, to me it sounds like the background music during the murder scene in a horror movie.

I have to agree. I've listened to all the clips, to me it sounds like the background music during the murder scene in a horror movie.

I appreciate the effects and believe once we hear the music in context with the visual and program overall, it will be great. Crown design team is pretty solid in my book.

• Like 1