Carolina Crown 2015

It looks like Crowm has a new audio setup this year. Way fewer speakers than the previous two years. Back down to two very modest sized speakers, each placed near the 40. They sound ok for their size. I wonder why they ditched the bigger setup?

It looks like Crowm has a new audio setup this year. Way fewer speakers than the previous two years. Back down to two very modest sized speakers, each placed near the 40. They sound ok for their size. I wonder why they ditched the bigger setup?

With DCP clamoring for speakers outside the 20s so everyone can hear, they decided to move into the 40s so its more exclusive for the premium seats and judges.

With DCP clamoring for speakers outside the 20s so everyone can hear, they decided to move into the 40s so its more exclusive for the premium seats and judges.

I remember for sure their old setup has six speakers. I can't quite remember where they placed them all but I remember them being pretty evenly spread out. Their old setup is very similar to (if not the exact same as) what The Cavaliers still use today. Anyway, I liked how evenly the sound was distributed the last two seasons, so I was a little disappointed when I saw they had been replaced by two rather small speakers.

I was more referencing that huge thread on speaker placement that just turned into an argument if anyone could hear anything if they weren't sitting in the judges lap.

Though on speaker placement, I like the Cavaliers/old Crown setup. Though I'll be the first to admit I certainly don't like the way Crown used their speakers in '13, but when it is used correctly (in my opinion only) that placement really adds to the corps ability to be effective, generally.

Anybody else see this on their facebook page today? First thing that came to my mind was the 2-valved bugle...

ZUvuOic.png

Edited by TroopAlum12

That's a picture of The Commandant's Own. Maybe they'll be making an appearance at NightBeat?

Everyone on Instagram is predicting a uniform reveal. This picture on Facebook doesn't seem like a uniform reveal to me

Everyone on Instagram is predicting a uniform reveal. This picture on Facebook doesn't seem like a uniform reveal to me

Their uniforms are gonna start off red, then turn white toward the end of the show.