Carolina Crown 2015

They told us we could upload after the show was announced. I believe this is part of the opener... Enjoy. More later. http://youtu.be/2EGM5Mxwb2s

Can't wait to hear a recording from outside. Percussion sounds too overpowering in a gym. I'm sure it'll sound great in a better acoustic environment

Can't wait to hear a recording from outside. Percussion sounds too overpowering in a gym. I'm sure it'll sound great in a better acoustic environment

blaspheme!

There's no such thing as overpowering percussion.

A short recap of the end of the 2nd week for Crown down at Gardner Web University.

The MM’s are in good sprints with the normal week two aches and pains.

The corps has everything is on the field to the closer and there was the noticeable confidence heard in their performance execution through all captions. There are a TON of things to work on but things are developing nicely. The bodywork is taking a different direction than recent years which I think is a nice and interesting twist. Plus there are things to always add here and there. The drill looks to be smartly written with some interesting moves in there. The new drums are in and the wraps are complete…..they look sharp! The uniforms are being fitted and are different (I don’t think one would categorize them as shocking after the purple pants of 13?). The hat ban and jackets are the same.

Everyone is loving the new direction of the percussion. (again) there is a TON more work to do, but the changes seems to be positive to date.

The Corps Preview will be Saturday June 13 and (to my knowledge) it will not be broadcasted. But then again it will be part of the 17th’s theater event.

• Like 1

A short recap of the end of the 2nd week for Crown down at Gardner Web University.

The corps has everything is on the field to the closer and there was the noticeable confidence heard in their performance execution through all captions. There are a TON of things to work on but things are developing nicely. The bodywork is taking a different direction than recent years which I think is a nice and interesting twist. Plus there are things to always add here and there. The drill looks to be smartly written with some interesting moves in there. The new drums are in and the wraps are complete…..they look sharp! The uniforms are being fitted and are different (I don’t think one would categorize them as shocking after the purple pants of 13?). The hat ban and jackets are the same.

Everyone is loving the new direction of the percussion. (again) there is a TON more work to do, but the changes seems to be positive to date.

The Corps Preview will be Saturday June 13 and (to my knowledge) it will not be broadcasted. But then again it will be part of the 17th’s theater event.

Given that the show is Inferno, would those be...hotpants???

Thank you for another report! Any specifics on the new direction of the percussion? That's something I'm excited to see.

Seriously, I hear things in the inner voices of these gym videos that are going to explode outdoors when the boominess of the low brass is gone. And I am not worried at all about the drumline balance. It appears the writing is so pleasing to the ear (with plenty of flams and shots for the drum junkies) that the drums will compliment the horns volume very well.

I can't tell you how exciting it is for me to hear the 9th, from the beginning, that doesn't focus its energy on the Ode. There is SO much great music in the earlier movements and phrases that will fit Crown's horns beautifully.

I honestly thought of Phantom's lucious horns doing classical best, but Crown's horns on straight classical, with a refined, challenging, and tasteful (respectful of Mr. Beethoven) drum line could make this year a classical genre pinnacle.

I love these early gym vids from all the corps. It's simply shocking how good they are on today, June 1st. All of them.