Carolina Crown 2015

That sound is so uniquely Crown. Bloo likes to advertise their #signaturesound but I think Crown has one of the most unique sounding hornlines in DCI (that sentence sounded funky but couldn't think of a way to fix it...)

• Like 1

That sound is so uniquely Crown. Bloo likes to advertise their #signaturesound but I think Crown has one of the most unique sounding hornlines in DCI (that sentence sounded funky but couldn't think of a way to fix it...)

Devils, Crown, and Cadets all have distinctive sounds that are so easy to identify just by playing a chord. The Blue Knights are quickly developing their own as well.

• Like 3

Devils, Crown, and Cadets all have distinctive sounds that are so easy to identify just by playing a chord. The Blue Knights are quickly developing their own as well.

Agreed. Sometimes I worry about the visual all starting to become generic (obligatory body movements for brass players and percussion, less unison guard work and more WGI ish artistic approach). Thank God musically, the corps you mentioned have stayed true to themselves.

That is magnificent...since when do corps play ballads in a minor key?! Gives you that gothic church pipe organ vibe. And nice quote in the trumpet solo from "Simple Gifts" at the very end...

And the ballad... http://youtu.be/O4PNKYFHh7g

That solo is really beautiful. Not gonna comment on the rest of the ballad until competition time due to the response I elicited in Crown fans last time around.

I was underwhelemd listening to the ballad live for the first time, but it's starting to grow on me a bit. As a whole, the entire show seems a bit disconnected. However, this was all recorded in early May. I can only imagine the changes that have been made since then, so I'll reserve judgement until that time. I did not post the opener, which is actually pretty cool. Very powerful opening. Overall, the show has more of a drum corps feel to it. The percussion section will be much improved this season. Much cleaner this preseason than any of the other seasons I've seen in the past.

Crown brass page is live - http://www.crownbrass.org

Check it out! :thumbup:

• Like 1