Carolina Crown 2015

Literally my thoughts exactly. Everything he says is so #### negative for no reason. I don't understand it at all.

Then don't read my posts. I have just as much right to voice my opinion as you do. BTW I didn't think my post was negative. It's an observation about the major issues that Crown has had with the banner. That's not being negative.

Then don't read my posts. I have just as much right to voice my opinion as you do. BTW I didn't think my post was negative. It's an observation about the major issues that Crown has had with the banner. That's not being negative.

Alas the problem with online interaction. Things can come across as rude even though you don't intend for them to be that way. My apologies

oh my god why are there memes on dcp

this is morally WRONG YOU PEOPLE ARE TOO OLD FOR THIS

actually I have no idea how old any of you are

but you understand my point

there have been memes on DCP since before you graduated from grade school :-)

(just guessing on your age! how close was i ? )

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Alas the problem with online interaction. Things can come across as rude even though you don't intend for them to be that way. My apologies

OK thanks.

Scuttlebutt has it humidity affects the banner as much as the wind. I'm guessing it weighs it down so it doesn't "fly" as well.

I'll agree with that.. Monday in Warrensburg, the heat and humidity was BRUTAL. they had a hard time getting the banner to fly. they still handled it well regardless.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153466440232641

Jesus. (Sorry, don't really know how to embed a video :/ )

Oh, that's fun!

Oh my God, why are there memes on DCP?

This this is morally WRONG. YOU PEOPLE ARE TOO OLD FOR THIS.

Too old for memes? An acquaintance of mine, now in his mid 40s, has written two books on the subject: How Tradition Works: A Meme-Based Cultural Poetics of the Anglo-Saxon Tenth Century and Tradition and Influence in Anglo-Saxon Literature: An Evolutionary, Cognitivist Approach.

there have been memes on DCP since before you graduated from grade school :-)

(just guessing on your age! how close was i ? )

Wow, I didn't know that at all... This was the last place I'd expect to see that kind of thread!

And not bad, I was 8 when that thread was posted ._. (I'm 16 now)

I was talking more the "a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users" definition than the "element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation" definition, but I see your point!

Also, don't go changing my punctuation man, it makes me sound all rude and angry! I was just trying to be playful and MAYBE slightly agitated (but probably not, depending on the context). Considering that there's no way to show actual tone of voice over text, "the youth" have gone to either altering punctuation or flat out removing it in order to imply that a statement does not require a response (something the English language has actually never had before ( http://prismatic-bell.tumblr.com/post/121650071961/atomicairspace-copperbooms-when-did-tumblr ) or are simply trying to be more playful and less RARGH or passive-aggresive. As you can see,

"oh my god why are there memes on dcp

this is morally WRONG YOU PEOPLE ARE TOO OLD FOR THIS"

comes across much differently than

"Oh my God, why are there memes on DCP?

This this is morally WRONG. YOU PEOPLE ARE TOO OLD FOR THIS."

Also, don't go changing my punctuation man, it makes me sound all rude and angry! I was just trying to be playful and MAYBE slightly agitated (but probably not, depending on the context).

My apologies; I am an incorrigible editor. But since I'm not part of "the youth", I find my tweaked version of your statement more than your original matches what I had presumed to be your light-hearted intent. Absence of punctuation reads to me like the voice of someone fogged by drugs.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1