Carolina Crown 2015

Just signing in to say what an amazing year for Crown! Whatever happens, you guys should be very proud. I got slammed on DCP earlier this year (on the theater night) for saying Crown could win with this show, regardless of their placement that night. Looks like I was right!

Love the new ending, and love the horn member getting drug back into "hell"... music sounds amazing, guard is killer, ok I'm out!

Might not have been one that slammed you, that's not my way, but I was in the camp of 5th place or so again. Little did I know that they still had A LOT to add, and here we are with them as a serious contender.

It's not just big things like the ending. It's ALL the little details they've added, the little nuances throughout that are really bringing it to life. Early on I found it incredibly stale and lacking the little things. Those things have been added, the subtle things in the ballad going on under the red screen for instance. Cool effect from day 1, absolutely fantastic GE moment now with the motion, crawling out from under, ect. They've done an amazing job of layering this show, which was in the back of my mind the whole season, and it seems like it's just gradually been done all season. Still wouldn't surprise me to see a few little things still put in for finals week.

• Like 2

RANDOM off topic Crown question. They posted a video of all the Crown sets from their shows from previous years.

2008s show was about famous endings obviously. Closer was full of famous drill moves from endings, Cavies diamond cutter, mini Z Pull, ect.

So is the last Crown to Crown at the end a homage to Stars Cross to Cross? Probably an obvious thing that I just over looked and missed. Pretty clever.

Edited by DrumManTx

RANDOM off topic Crown question. They posted a video of all the Crown sets from their shows from previous years.

2008s show was about famous endings obviously. Closer was full of famous drill moves from endings, Cavies diamond cutter, mini Z Pull, ect.

So is the last Crown to Crown at the end a homage to Stars Cross to Cross? Probably an obvious thing that I just over looked and missed. Pretty clever.

That's how I always took it as. Just a little tribute to Star.

2015 Tour t-shirts are now in the online store.

• Like 1

Noticed last night that the crown at the end has little horn tips on the ends.... teehee. :-)

• Like 3

Drumman

You nailed it those 3 days off before they rolled the new ending they enlisted so many little changes that completed the show.

There is a video from high up in Atlanta , the crowd is in complete grip with this corp show now. What flat points they did have and yes there is still a flat point, which I don't know musically can be fixed, were corrected and the crowd is like drum corp I love throwing their babies before their last 15 seconds are complete.

Now phantom regiment had 4 days off going into the same show and????

What there staff changed was add more shopping bags to the dancer and added colored bass heads which I think you will see more corps incorporate cause the look is fabulous. But they needed to fix so much more. That is why phantom is falling and Crown is rising, and the members are seriously selling it!

• Like 1

Drumman

You nailed it those 3 days off before they rolled the new ending they enlisted so many little changes that completed the show.

There is a video from high up in Atlanta , the crowd is in complete grip with this corp show now. What flat points they did have and yes there is still a flat point, which I don't know musically can be fixed, were corrected and the crowd is like drum corp I love throwing their babies before their last 15 seconds are complete.

Now phantom regiment had 4 days off going into the same show and????

What there staff changed was add more shopping bags to the dancer and added colored bass heads which I think you will see more corps incorporate cause the look is fabulous. But they needed to fix so much more. That is why phantom is falling and Crown is rising, and the members are seriously selling it!

I really don't like the colored reflective bass heads. I guess they're cool up close.

Maybe I just need perspective. Am I just imagining it, or does D. Torchia, the judge, particularly not like Crown this year?

If their name isn't "Blue Devils," she doesn't like them. Nothing against crown I'm sure, she's just a homer.

It's not just big things like the ending. It's ALL the little details they've added, the little nuances throughout that are really bringing it to life. (snip)

Still wouldn't surprise me to see a few little things still put in for finals week.

Allow me to write the ending. (ahem) :devil:

Semis: The top guard member who climbs the ladder to escape hell at the end gets a GOLD poncho type guard overlay as the other guard members on the ladder try to pull her down. The crowd responds immediately with wild applause.

Finals: The crowd goes CRAZY and DEMANDS the judges give Crown the championship as ALL THE GUARD MEMBERS on the ladder get gold poncho type outfits as they ALL triumphantly escape from hell.

It's a feel-good, 2008 Phantom Regiment moment, again!

Founder's Trophy, please. :angel1:

Edited by wvu80