Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

I suspect the static issue caused an impact to their performance and scores as I'm sure all of the members heard it, were distracted by it and thought "oh crap....". The show felt flat to me after that compared to when I saw them 2 nights prior. As others have said they need a backup plan, either switch to a pre-recorded version, have an A-B switch or have a horn player ready to jump in and play it as a solo.

At least she didn't pull an Ashley Simpson and start doing the hoe-down dance when her mic went out....

anigif_enhanced-4123-1412279340-20.gif

I'd guess it hurt the score, but I'd expect going on in 15th place hurt more.

I don't think performance order had anything to do with it...if you look at the other regional with their better performance order it didn't help them...that said I really love the troopers show this year...even early season when I saw them live I was thinking to myself...wow this is going to be real special this season...I can't wait when I see them again in Allentown......

The Troopers have ALWAYS been my sentimental favorite drum corps for the simple fact they were they very first corps I saw when I was 15 years old and were THE reason I fell in love with drum corps in the first place 30 years ago...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Troopers are making the run for 12 more interesting than I anticipated! I figured the Colts might be the ones to press the Crossmen, but nope...Troopers had a fantastic run today. Iron out some of the issues and it's anyone's game tomorrow!

• Like 3

Troopers are making the run for 12 more interesting than I anticipated! I figured the Colts might be the ones to press the Crossmen, but nope...Troopers had a fantastic run today. Iron out some of the issues and it's anyone's game tomorrow!

I would venture that there are a lot of fingernails that will suffer from be foreshortened in the next 24 hours.

• Like 1

There's no day like today. Best of luck Troop.

• Like 5

There's no day like today. Best of luck Troop.

Sentiment fully shared.

• Like 1

The high seating at LOS allowed me a full view of the horsehead Troop forms in the show. Nice job.

You're actually there? And didn't even offer to bring me along?? I'm jeaous...AND indignant!! :silly: