Troopers 2015: "Wild Horses"

It is still too early to write Troopers out, and at this point I do not see Troopers as lower than 13th, with a top 12 placement a real possibility. What is in Troopers' hands is continuing to improve and using the show's strengths as best as possible. I do find the show to have an emotional pull to it, and I enjoy it, but 2013 and 2014 both had emotional pulls too. Some people are still teary eyed about seeing the sunburst in competition in 2013.

What is out of Troopers' hands is Boston Crusaders, Crossmen, Madison, and Blue Stars. Earlier in the season many predicted that Madison would fall as the season progressed, and that does not seem to be happening. Many predicted Blue Stars would be more of where we are finding Blue Knights, with either Madison or BAC falling from finals. With BAC, Crossmen, and Blue Stars, BAC may not be topping them in average scores, but they have placed ahead of Crossmen consistently though by a very close margin, and they have also topped Blue Stars. Blue Stars seem erratic though the show has potential. Right now I think we will see Boston Crusaders surge a bit and will find themselves closer to Madison. Atlanta and Allentown will be key fro Troopers. If Trooper can top Crossmen or BAC again, or top Blue Stars, a top 12 placement is a real possibility, but I think it has to happen before Indy.

It is still too early to write Troopers out, and at this point I do not see Troopers as lower than 13th, with a top 12 placement a real possibility..

12th is a possibility for the Troopers, but in my opinion, so is 14th. In the last 7 days alone, the Colts have gone ( in order ) 3.9 points down to Troopers, then 1.05, then to just .55 down. Colts seem capable of catching the Troopers, at least if those last 3 show head to head Colts- Troopers Competition score trend lines continue. ( which they may, or may not.)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

The flatline is broken! Troop puts up a solid 2-point increase tonight with a 78.000 in Mississippi. Looks like their visual cleaning helped!

The flatline is broken! Troop puts up a solid 2-point increase tonight with a 78.000 in Mississippi. Looks like their visual cleaning helped!

Let's hope they continue to focus on that element of their show. They looked pretty solid visually last night, though there are still places where seams and bubbles in the forms need to be addressed. People keep talking about individual marching being an issue with Troopers, and inasmuch as it takes individuals to create forms, I get that. But, I can't see any issues with individual feet or posture or anything that I don't also see with other corps.

Some people are still teary eyed about seeing the sunburst in competition in 2013.

This is true and here lies the problem in DCI. Creatures of history. Corps need to be evaluated on their nightly achievement not their body of work over their existence.

We all scream for:

The bottle dance

Conquest

Danny Boy wheel

Sunburst

on and on.

Remember, the judges are fans too.

Seeing as I know several people on vis staff I'm gonna call bs. Nobody was saying these problems the last couple years and they all have been on staff since 13.

Do you want me to record a tick tape of the corps in 13 and 14 for their last performances? Visual has always been the lowest part of their shows, in my opinion.