The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Hey Lance, THANKS for the great playlist of music to check out on your original post! :shutup::smile::beer:

I GOTTA check out the Dello Joio piece. Love his wind music, but it's really hard to find good recordings. I TOTALLY AGREE w/ the Mahler 1 and Bruckner 8. They would be epic, especially by PR! And, OK, I know I'm violating the original premise of new music here. But even though Russian Christmas Music has been done to death like a trillion times, a complete production w/a truly brilliant interpretation would be killer. I was VERY disappointed by SCV in '05 because I was there in '87 and I remember the massive onslaught of raw incendiary power in their OTL which was only hinted at in the '05 production. (Not the members' fault, but show design.) The beautiful mysterioso early segments together w/ the right build to the Cathedral Chorus would equal pure magic. If done right!

Hey Lance, THANKS for the great playlist of music to check out on your original post! :shutup::smile::beer:

I GOTTA check out the Dello Joio piece. Love his wind music, but it's really hard to find good recordings. I TOTALLY AGREE w/ the Mahler 1 and Bruckner 8. They would be epic, especially by PR! And, OK, I know I'm violating the original premise of new music here. But even though Russian Christmas Music has been done to death like a trillion times, a complete production w/a truly brilliant interpretation would be killer. I was VERY disappointed by SCV in '05 because I was there in '87 and I remember the massive onslaught of raw incendiary power in their OTL which was only hinted at in the '05 production. (Not the members' fault, but show design.) The beautiful mysterioso early segments together w/ the right build to the Cathedral Chorus would equal pure magic. If done right!

Do I know you?

lol, this is funny.

Now here is a work a great horn (and drum) line could really sink their teeth into:

As one posted put it: "now THAT'S the way to start a symphony!"

This! :shutup::smile:

But the pic of Carl Nielsson looks like LESLIE Nielson from Airplane! ("I picked a great time to quit sniffing glue!") :beer:

Do I know you?

lol, this is funny.

No, but glad you thought my parody of your signature was funny! I was hoping you would see it! Thanks! :shutup:

Now here is a work a great horn (and drum) line could really sink their teeth into:

As one posted put it: "now THAT'S the way to start a symphony!"

You should check out the Washington Symphonic Brass CD Nielsen on Brass. It includes a transcription/arrangement of Nielsen's Sinfonia Espansiva in addition to the Aladdin Suite and a couple preludes arranged for organ and brass.