The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Two orchestral works I've always wanted to see done - but only as COMPLETE shows (not as part of a pastiche...):

Janacek Sinfonietta

Rachmaninoff Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini

Each would be amazing shows in the hands of the right arranger...and of course, the right corps.

Boston Crusaders--- musical "Chicago"

I'd love to see Mansions of Glory from Gillingham done by anyone! The style and attitude match Phantom, imo.

i would like to hear Stravinsky's Dumbarton Oaks Concerto Mvt. 1

I played it my sophomore year and I think Crown would dominate that piece.

and some Michael Torke Sax Concerto Mvt. 3, please :smile:

Janáček's Sinfonietta ... amazing ... in the hands of the right arranger, and of course, the right corps.

Hear, hear! As was suggested also in this thread in 2006. I've had the same wish for about ten years, since I had the chance to listen to the Cleveland Orchestra rehearse the piece in an alternate space, when their regular hall was being renovated. The room was at most half the size of their usual auditorium, and positively throbbed at times, particularly near the end.

According to the corpsreps site, a corps called Jester played the Sinfonietta in 2005.

Some of Janáček's operatic work also might adapt well. There's a delightful little lullaby in Káťa Kabanová, for instance, that I'd love to hear on the field.

I dunno know but something about a Christmas show in the middle of the summer would be sweet....

Like take some traditional music and arrange it for drum corps or maybe some TSO music. I think it would be pretty sweet.

I dunno know but something about a Christmas show in the middle of the summer would be sweet....

Like take some traditional music and arrange it for drum corps or maybe some TSO music. I think it would be pretty sweet.

That would trippy haha

Two orchestral works I've always wanted to see done - but only as COMPLETE shows (not as part of a pastiche...):

Janacek Sinfonietta

Rachmaninoff Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini

Each would be amazing shows in the hands of the right arranger...and of course, the right corps.

I've been pushing the Janacek for Phantom Regiment EVERY year. :smile: